Skip to content

Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Campylobacter Infections Linked to Contact with Pet Store Puppies

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Puppy Dandruff

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    10k Views
    serenjaneS
    @chewy1 Seeka is bathed regularly due her swimming and rolling in sand at the park daily, besides she sleeps in the bed with us. We put 1 tsp of Optima 365 in her dry food daily. Vet recommended. Takes care of her dandruff.
  • UTI Infection?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    Thank you for your kind words… about the Tanza Kids You might want to check out and see if maybe her anal glands need to be expressed... other then that, I would say she is being normal...
  • Puppy Testicles

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    TimesthemythT
    Yes, she's a wonderful lady. Always very helpful, and quick to reply to any concerns I have. If I thought it was an immediate problem I would have contacted her right away, but it sounds like a common phenomenon. Glad to have community feedback.
  • Puppy growth question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    @dmey: Do you have pictures???? This is him about 3 weeks ago but he's only gained .5lb It seems I can't upload a picture right now, will try again later today.
  • Yeast Infection

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    snorky998S
    Sounds like the same thing I experienced. Looked like hot spots but turned out to be yeast. My biggest problem with Snork, other than the ears, was between the hind legs near the sac tissue and in front of the penis on the tummy. Also had some major breakouts under/near the elbows. Those folded ears can be a problem!! Once you get them cleared up and dried out, maintenance is easy.
  • Bladder infections

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    MantisM
    They perscribed Batril for Caesar when he had a UTI and it fixed it up right away. What brand food are you using?