Skip to content

What size martingale collar do you use?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Collars

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    MacPackM
    I have used Nick Russell's collars for many years and they do not wear out. I have never had even the most wily basenji slip out of one and escape. And he will custom-make them for you if you send your ribbon to him. We are lucky that so many good products are available, everyone is bound to find something to fit your needs.
  • Hemp martingale collar

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    You got to love companies that stand by their products..I have had a Lupine collar sent back too, curtesy of Otis, got it back within a week..and yes, only a few parts were left.. I will wait and order one of these for when I have a new basenji neck to wrap it around…
  • Size of kennel

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    I think as long as it is a puppy and you make the "cave" a happy place to be, they will learn to go in and actually want to hang in there. Make it matter of fact, not optional.
  • Help sizing a Martingale collar??

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    DiegosMomD
    i tried to find a site like this with no luck! thank you!
  • 0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    BarklessdogB
    Owning a basenji requires a good sense of humor and a large dose of patience and a willingness to do some creative thinking to convince the basenjis what you want is really the same thing as what they want. So true, never a dull moment with these dogs
  • Collars

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    jessi76J
    thanks for the ideas. I think the martingales are great training tools, but not suitable for everyday use (at least not for me). I may try the rolled leather if I can't find any wide/flat collars.