Skip to content

Agility Course Question

Basenji Training
  • Hi guys,

    We are taking Pumpkin to an enclosed agility course tomorrow for fun and exercise. Any tips or suggestions to encourage interest? We have a great (enclosed) dog park right in our neighborhood that she has been ruling, but it has nothing but space to run (it doesn't even have a bench for my butt). There is a great one just one town over with many enclosures for different fun. All advice is welcome!

  • Max did agility 3 times and then he got bored-looked at me and walked away. Make it s fun as possible and bring treats!

  • Well, that was a bust, turns out the course wasn't fully enclosed alone, too many other dogs to even pay attention. She did have a blast with all the other happy dogs! So it was still a fun outing!

Suggested Topics

  • Training Question

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    elbrantE
    Just a suggestion: When you see him "misbehaving" by chewing on 'less than ideal' items, offer him one of his toys and use the word "trade". In other words, 'chew on this instead', and when he accepts the toy - praise him. And when you see him get the toy on his own, praise him again. It could help him understand that certain toys are just for those times when you want to "rip someone's head off*". (*not meant literally, only in doggy world play)
  • Agility results

    Basenji Training
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    krunzerK
    Congrats for you guys!!!
  • Coursing Brag

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    YodelDogsY
    I somehow missed this post until now but congrats to all the Kinetic crew!
  • Questions on training

    Basenji Training
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    11k Views
    jkhandjlsJ
    THANK YOU!! I finally feel there is somebody out there that 'gets it'. Our girl does not respond to any of the 'pack leader' stuff - I'm sure she was dumped because she is just such a stinker. Everytime I hit bottom somebody helps me through the disaster with encouragment (that's why I joined this group.) THANK YOU for your good thougths - things do progress - her private trainer is coming this weekend & we're doing the prong collar. Last night she sat in her crate for almost 45 minutes. No matter what, she's here to stay & she is so darn cute!!!!! That tail is really precious - thank you so much for all your e-support!! Joanne & Sophie:) :) :) :)
  • Coursing Willy

    Basenji Training
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    15k Views
    DukeD
    How fun! WTG Willy! I wish I had time to get Duke into this or agility of sorts. I don't have any time, but I know he'd make me proud like your Willy.
  • Coursing Brag

    Basenji Training
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    lvossL
    Not quite, he still needs 5 more points towards his AKC field championship but will have an opportunity at those in March.