Funny stuff: "Dog Rules" + photo

• While looking for doggie daycare I stumbled upon one with these fun tidbits; some rules and a photo. I thought they were funny and worth posting.

DOG RULES
    (originally Submitted by Don)

1. Okay, the dog can enter the house but only for short visits or if his own house is under renovation.

2. Okay, the dog can stay in the house on a permanent basis provided the dog house can be sold in a lawn sale to a rookie dog owner.

3. Dogs are never permitted in the house. The dog stays outside in a specially built wooden compartment named, for very good reason, the dog house.

4. Inside the house, the dog is not allowed to run free and is confined to a comfortable but secure metal cage.

5. Okay, the cage becomes part of a two-for-one deal in the lawn sale, and the dog can go wherever the hell he pleases.

6. The dog is never allowed on the furniture.

7. Okay, the dog can get up on the old furniture but not the new furniture.

8. Okay, the dog can get up on the new furniture until it looks like the old furniture and the we'll sell the whole damn works and buy new furniture on which the dog will most definitely not be allowed.

9. The dog never sleeps on the bed. Period.

10. Okay, the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed only.

11. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you, but he's not allowed under the covers.

12. Okay, the dog can sleep under the covers but not with his head on the pillow.

13. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you, under the covers with his head on the pillow, but if he snores, he's got to leave the room.

14. Okay, the dog can sleep and snore and have nightmares in your bed, but he's not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where you're now sleeping.

15. The dog never gets listed on the census questionnaire as a "primary resident" even if it's true.

(Found through http://animaldaycareboarding.com/fun_stuff_14.html. Neither of these items has been created by me. )
    attachment_t_15762_0_11336_545900005430126_536144741_n.jpg

• So true, some of us dog owners are suckers. I have to say I am guilty of some of those rules but glad to say not all.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• I don't know about you, but I think the funniest jokes are the ones that carry a degree of truth with them. I remember as I was planning for Beo's arrival….. I made a list of all the rules that would be followed:

1.) Not allowed in the bed
    2.) He would be crate trained
    3.) Teeth brushed every day
    4.) Trained to be alone from the get go
    5.) (and my personal favorite) Only a set amount of money would be spent on treats and toys per year.

.............. Fast forward to present day: 1.) Sleeps in the bed 2.) Not very well crate trained 3.) Teeth brushed whenever I can get him to not duck out on me 4.) Well....I still haven't learned my lesson about leaving him alone; he tore up my seat belt just recently..... 5.) I spend way WAY too much on treats and toys for him, like a disgusting, shameful amount.

Pretty much all of the "Dog Rules" rules apply to my situation....even up the point of him sleeping with his head on the pillow now. I'm not remotely a push-over, and not all my rules were pushed aside but the ones mentioned here ...most definitely!

• "I don't know about you, but I think the funniest jokes are the ones that carry a degree of truth with them. "
    Agree with that. I also spend too much on treats but hey a happy dog is a happy owner.

Jolanda and Kaiser

• Love your post specially from 9 to 14 🙂 Hope to see some pictures in this thread soon to make this thread more interesting and funny!

Suggested Topics