Tanza Basenjis Breeding Plans for 2012

• How is the expectant mom doing?? I'd love to meet a pregnant basenji..I'd imagine they look like pot bellied pigs!!

Did she take well to the ultrasound?

• Right now she really doesn't look any different and she is doing great… she showed this past weekend (a bit thicker in the waist), but she is still chasing squirrels... eating like she usually does.... of course talk to me when she is about a week from birth... she should look like a stuffed pig... I was pretty sure the breeding took, her nipples have enlarged and turned pink.... that didn't happen with her other seasons... but not always a sure sign.

• Congratulations. Looking forward to puppy pictures in December!

• Looking forward to hearing about all the mischief that 7 basenji puppies can come up with 😃

Congratulations!

• The theme of the little should have something to do with mischief because that's sure to be what they bring!

• LOL, don't do theme's with my litters.

And as we say, be careful what you name them…. as many times they will be THAT name... Case in point, Day Trip to Tanza-Jamaa, Jeff is forever "tripping" over Trip!

• Tri babies are definately my weakness! I can't wait to see the little guys. Good luck to you and the babies!

• Congrats Pat, hope you have many puppies! Or, as many as you would like anyway!

• LOL, Arlene…... I would be happy with 5.... 7 is lots of work once the eyes open! Hope that Momma to Be, C-Me is ready for this!!

• C-me doesn't have to be ready! The midwife does-and that would be you! I had enough with six of them after 5 weeks! I would hate to see 7 or more!

• I remember my very first litter, it was a litter of 6…. at 9 wks when they went for their eye exams, they all came done with kennel cough, so I had to keep them another 2 extra weeks... I thought I had 666!

• The devil's brigade!! hahahha, sorry Pat, I can just imagine how hard that was!

• You can follow C-Me on http://www.facebook.com/TanzaBasenjis

• So my stupid neighbors have chickens…. decided today since one was getting picked on by the other hens in the hen house, left her out in the yard... and they went shopping... well the hen decided to see what was on the other side of the fence.... and guess what they found??? Right... two Basenjis.... holy ****!... what a friggin mess... especially when I got a hand on Franie, C-Me decided that "hell" this is mine.. and proceeded to take it in through the dog door to the dog room.... what an incredible mess... Was this C-Me's way of saying she wants "fresh MEAT?" And she was very proud of herself!!!!.... I was not even slightly amused!

LOL, now they are curled up together in one bed... with a great look of satisfaction! Me??? I need more than one more glass of wine!

By the way, I live 2 blocks from downtown Pleasanton... so a city area... People are able to have "4" chickens, hens only... of course these people had a Roster.. and had no clue... DUH.. what part about ****ADoodle Doo (at 4am)... don't you get?... but dogs are limited to 3?

• Omg Pat that is kinda funny but not at the same time! That should teach them to keep their chickens secured. I can just see her running in through the doggy door with a chicken in her mouth, grinning the whole time!

• I don't even really like handling chicken from the grocery store, so I definitely would not be ok with freshly killed chicken! That is pretty funny, though not for you of course 😉 And that is really weird that you can have more hens than dogs that close to downtown. I know of 2 houses within walking distance that have chickens, one of which lets them loose with no fencing in front or back and it's not uncommon to see them very close to or even on the road. Hopefully those neighbors will learn their lesson!

• At my previous house, we had a chicken visit for dinner. Nothing was left except the feathers.

Actually, Pat, you need to make good friend with people who have chickens. Fresh egg are way worth it!

My current neighbor to the north of me has chickens (and a few ducks and a turkey. or maybe had a turkey, i'm not sure). But we're all on 5 acres in a mind-your-own-business type area.

• @agilebasenji:

At my previous house, we had a chicken visit for dinner. Nothing was left except the feathers.

Actually, Pat, you need to make good friend with people who have chickens. Fresh egg are way worth it!

My current neighbor to the north of me has chickens (and a few ducks and a turkey. or maybe had a turkey, i'm not sure). But we're all on 5 acres in a mind-your-own-business type area.

Between yesterday's adventure and the "roster"….. we do and will get eggs all the time!

• Well, your neighbours don't have to worry about integrating the flock anymore! They could have done something else, knowing they are in the city (duh) with dogs around. Don't get me wrong, I have chickens . And this reminds me of the time Shadow wanted 'fresh meat' as well. Ah well, at C-Me is well fed today! LOL

• After today's x-rays, looks like 6… one could have been absorbed or hiding. All are very uniform, no "huge" pups, which is a good thing.... no signs of whelping yet

Suggested Topics