• Super news, Tana! Can hardly wait to meet the baby. Kera (and Theo) hopefully going to stay in this area so we are excited about that.

• Tia, if you see this, Tana is coming to Tampa next weekend, join us and meet her new puppy, as well as her year old boy.
    Can't wait to meet the puppy-girl!

• Great, thanks, Anne! We'll definitely try to make it next weekend! We're off to Orlando today but should be back by Sunday - unless we take the wrong turn somewhere :-).

Best,

Tia

• We had a wonderful day at the park! 18 basenjis all getting along, 4 'yearlings' running and playing, a precious tri puppy-girl right in the mix with them, older ones basking in the sun, lots of laughter at goofy basenjis. Most are rescues, but the younger group are from several great breeders (Midge Greenlee, Tad Brooks, Kathy Britton), all lovely and nice dispositions.

Tana brought Loki and his adorable new little sister all the way from Orlando, others came from Sarasota and the far side of St. Pete, I think everyone thought it worth the drive to see such a huge group of playing basenjis. Fun, fun, fun!

• Anne,
    We had a great time and are so glad we were able to come out. Kaia is still tired today. Not tired enough to not cause a bit of mischief, but she has been napping way more than is usual for her! We'll have to come over again, and hopefully it won't be as long in between visits this time 🙂

• Hi Anne,

Oh I am so sorry to have already missed so many of your Sunday outings at the dog park :-(. I am missing so much being around Basenjis!!! I have now been volunteering often at the Humane Society shelter as a dog companion, and even managed to see a brindle Basenji mix that had been adopted from the shelter a few weeks ago.

I am keeping fingers crossed so that my husband's schedule changes soon and that I can come to our Basenji outings soon again!!!

• Saw a beautiful black and white basenji/boston terrier mix at the Apollo Beach dog park today. Basenji markings, taller than a Boston, his snout was a little longer than a boston but not all the way basenji. His little stub of a tail looked like if only it had been longer, it would have curled because it was trying….

• I am looking for some local Basenji owners to set up a play date with mine. She is a female and almost 2 now. I live in Orlando, but am willing to drive. I am also looking for some one in Florida that own's a male Basenji, as our little girl is getting ready for her annual heat…. I would looooove to have little Basenji puppies.

• Just saw your post, I don't visit Forum very often. Yes indeed we still meet up every Sunday at West Park dog park. While some say they are 'hypoalergenic' they still have fur and some have dander so it's good to check. You may find differences in individual dogs.
    We meet between 11 and 2-ish.
    Anne

Suggested Topics