Skip to content

Free bag of Fromm Family dog food

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • Warning about grain free dog food

    Basenji Feeding
    12
    1 Votes
    12 Posts
    14k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Logical, not "chicken little the sky is falling" thinking. Thanks DonC. I hate companies being gutted without evidence. And I agree, if I had dogs - especially prone to the disorder -- on just grain-free, I might switch for added protection.
  • Dog food prices

    Basenji Feeding
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    7k Views
    Baba BamideleB
    I tried to get to the bottom of it, but I didn't find much. I did find an article that said food prices in general may be rising due to El Niño, so that may be a factor. Also, an article about general consumer dissatisfaction with higher pet-food prices: http://www.petbusiness.com/January-2016/The-Cost-of-High-Prices/ And, stats from last year that show that pet food prices fell to a fairly low point in August 2015 (which may explain why they're going back up now): http://www.petbusinessprofessor.com/petmarket/buying-pet-products-price-matters-petflation-update-and-more/
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    D
    I bought the Salmon A La Veg. My dog has never ate this before. Does anyone buy this? The store even had it on sale at $3.00 off a bag. The store where I buy from-a health food store does not carry the grain free or I would have bought it nor did it carry the Whitefish & Potato. The store has good prices and when there is a sale the food is an excellent buy, both kibble and canned. Jennifer
  • Dry dog food

    Basenji Feeding
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    12k Views
    KipawaK
    When Taste of The Wild had the salmonella recall, due to a plant that makes it and many other dog food brands having salmonella contamination, I switched Kipawa to Acana kibble. He loves it. His coat had more shine with Taste of the Wild bison, but by adding Omega oils to his food, curry comb brushing him daily (very soft bristles), and of course petting him a lot, his coat is looking superb. :)
  • NutriSource Dog Food!

    Basenji Feeding
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    8k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Hey Jeff, Thanks for the information, and PS: really enjoyed your website. All the pictures of all the dogs, but of course the ones of the Basenjis being used as they are from your litters, OUTSTANDING WORK! Wish I lived closer!
  • Dog food ratings

    Basenji Feeding
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    C
    We just switched to Canidae over Nutro Max. We've fed our others Nutro for years and haven't seemed to have a problem, but I'm curious how the dogs would feel if they ate a better mix. Canidae has a very good ingredient list and got a A+ rating on this list! It actually isn't noticeably more expensive per pound than the Nutro we've been getting. A 40# bag was $40. So far they gobble it up, so they must like the taste at least.