Skip to content

Do you think this dog is inbread?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • senior dog and whining

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    @kembe you will
  • Picky Fanconi dog

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    It is my understanding that Dr Gonto can only respond about the protocol to a Vet and can not give advise direct to an owner, so you may want to have your Vet sent that information to him. Or send the lab information and copy your Vet so that he can communicate directly with your Vet if he suggests changes.
  • Dogs & warts

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    BARTB
    Yes, it was. Being on the bottom of the foot, it was quite annoying, I guess. He still licks the spot occassionally but I suspect that may be 'cause its still a somewhat fresh wound more than anything else. Amazing that such a small thing could affect his behavior the way it seems to have. I just wish I could have seen something sooner. It was obviously bothering him for quite a while b4 there were any visual (to me) signs. Gosh, makes me want one of those dog tranlsater collars from the movie "UP"…..'sqirrell' :)
  • YOU Are Your Dog?s Advocate!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    S
    After the first few years of shots, I do the titers…no more shots except rabies by law Otherwise, they don't get them.
  • Dry Dog Foods

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I use the Life Abudance and alternate between Paula Newmans. My dogs love it. Their coats look great. I totally support both of those dog foods.
  • My dog had a Spinal injury!!!!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    29k Views
    BarklessdogB
    My wife's hand is worse where she can't bend her finger or lift objects. I finally got her to go to the doctor, they X rayed her hand and asked her how long she has had arthritis! So this is how she found out she has arthritis at age 48. It seems that her knuckle where she was bit has an inner infection, no broken bones, they put her hand & finger in a splint. The dog bite did not break the skin, but as any body who has been "really" bitten by a basenji knows they have bone crushing jaws. They leave horrible bruises even if they don't draw blood. The dog seems all better still, no more pain attacks. While petting him we noticed a scab on his ear after the fight. It goes all the way through his ear. The other dog bit a hole in his ear, when she tried to finish him!