Skip to content

Psycological potty train

Basenji Talk
  • So we have the crate and have tried to adjust our B by putting him inside for 15-20 min. at a time..He hates it. Dosen't cry but won't go in willingly. Have tried the snacks, toys, food but he won't go in. Anyway when we are out we leave the crate open with his bed and some treats, that's because we are gone all day. Anyway the first day he pooped on the wee wee pads and today day 3, he does not go at all but waits until we get home and take him out. Is it possible that he knows we are trying to crate train him so he's trained himself? I wouldn't put it past him, these B's are truley an intellegent breed.;)

  • By the was when we leave he is not in the crate.

Suggested Topics

  • How Does Your B Potty When Raining?

    Basenji Talk
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    24k Views
    TieghanT
    I guess I'm just lucky with Finn. I'm sure he'd prefer it dry, although hes fine in the rain and snow! Maybe getting him around December helped
  • An update-escaping and training

    Basenji Talk
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    14k Views
    P
    Cody is doing very well. I hope that you both will be happy in your new home and that you find another equally good trainer.
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Sherpa bag training?

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    20k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    I have read such horror stories about dogs who fly in the below cabin because they are too big to go under the seat - my smallest weighs 20.8 pounds, and would never settle for one of those Sherpa bags - they look very useful for smaller dogs though. If the time comes I have a long way to travel, we will drive it.
  • Clicker training

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    wizardW
    Oh right - I left out the important part! :p
  • Potty training

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    MantisM
    Basenjis have desires, we have desires to get to work on time. You can feed your b twice a day and do a poop right after they eat. That will help. When it is raining or cold I just throw on my slicker and accept that I will be getting as wet as my B. You may want to try Muttlucks which are great waterproof shoes made for dogs in the water or snow.