• Here are some pics from the whippet association coursing this past weekend in Atlanta. Dolce did great on Friday, but finished dead last on Saturday. She is just too small to compete against the big dogs. Congrats to newcomer Gunner who not only certified for ASFA coursing on Saturday, but took best of breed for the day! Here is a link to a video from Saturday.

http://youtu.be/N4bIxQbc378
    attachment_t_12406_0_bgroup.jpg
    attachment_t_12406_1_dolc1.jpg
    attachment_t_12406_2_juju.jpg
    attachment_t_12406_3_oz1.jpg

• Looks like she had fun no matter where she placed. My pups would love to get out more, we spent all our free time showing this yr, must do more coursing in the spring.

• @lisastewart:

Looks like she had fun no matter where she placed. My pups would love to get out more, we spent all our free time showing this yr, must do more coursing in the spring.

I agree, it is the fun they have chasing the bunnies!

• All that matters is that they all had fun and got along. She loves the bunny.

• @ Rkponting, The winter challenge coursing event will be the last week of December. It's a lot of fun for you and your basenji. It's worth the drive. Hope you'll think about joining the group.

• I wish I could have been there. Maybe, just maybe, I can make the end of the year trials.

Also, based on Rkponting's previous posts, I believe they may be a spammer.

• We did the winter challenge a couple yrs ago, it was cold, but a lot of fun. Too much going on this yr for us to get down there, wish we could.

• It looks like you had warm weather-no coats! I was hoping to go but my mom fell on Thanksgiving day and injured her knee and I felt it was best not to go out of town. My dogs and I would have enjoyed the warm weather.

Jennifer

• I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is up and running around.
    Friday and Saturday were beautiful days. Very cold in the morning but warmed up quickly. Hope we can be so lucky for the winter challenge.

• Great pictures.

• Thanks DolceMomma, yes my mom is up and running around. She fell and banged her knee and at first it was fine but then it swelled up. She is 86 years old and doing fine. She was having trouble learning to use crutches and was too active. I was afraid she might fall again and that is why I stayed home.

Jennifer

Suggested Topics