• C-Me's re-test came back today(C-Me's was the one that they had to send a new kit as there was not enough DNA from the first test), as did Franie's brother, Trip. Results were as expected, but good to have confirmation. C-Me was pClear on the linkage test. Trip had not been tested till now, but was from a pClear to pClear.

KLASSIC-TANZA COLOR ME TRI
    C-ME
    F BJ
    HP36487806 Fanconi Retest Received: 11/03/2011
    Processed: 12/07/2011
    Test: FANCONI SYNDROME
    Results: CLEAR/NORMAL

AB DAY TRIP TO TANZA-JAMAA
    TRIP
    M BJ
    HP36381203 Fanconi DNA Received: 12/05/2011
    Processed: 12/07/2011
    Test: FANCONI SYNDROME
    Results: CLEAR/NORMAL

• Super news! Even if you had a pretty good idea from the tests before, it must be relieving to have concrete results.

• @Kipawa:

Super news! Even if you had a pretty good idea from the tests before, it must be relieving to have concrete results.

While we expected Clear from the breedings since all were pClears to pClears, it is nice to have the Direct test… and anyone breeding needs to have the linkage test retested. I would have been OK with Carriers, because bred in a responsible way there is no reason to toss from a breeding program... same goes for Affected males, they can still be used, bred to Direct tested Clears(my personal opinion I would never use a tested affected bitch). But had any of them come back as Carriers, still means they would not get Fanconi, so I would have been happy!

• My two girls direct tests had the same results as the first test. I'm happy to have them all confirmed now.

• Anyone else here order their retest on October 30 and not get any update on the status besides "Retest scheduled"?
    I left a voicemail and emailed OFA 2 weeks ago and Debbie said it would take 2-3 weeks from date of order or depends on how many orders are ahead of mine. It's been more like a month and a week. 😕

• I ordered two sets of tests in Nov and each took ten days total.

• I also got my retest results today. Ordered when the retest was first announced. I had to submit a new kit just as Pat did. I did not get the results predicted by the marker test. My boy, L'Ox, Kinetic Interesting Times was tested as probably Clear by the marker test and is now Carrier. Though this result is not what I expected, as everyone has said before, it just means less choices if I choose to breed him. This result has me very concerned about his dam's result though. If his first test was just a error on the lab's part then no problem, he is from a Carrier x Clear so we always knew it was a possibility. On the other hand it his first test was consistent with his markers then I am in for much worse new with Rio's test result since she was a p. Carrier with the marker and so if one set markers was already present and the other set was incorrectly indicating normal when in fact the gene was present then she will be an Affected.

It is really important that we all retest with the direct test, you really can't be sure what your dog's status is if you do not.

• First Basenji's

Lisa, here's hoping for the best with Rio.

I think it's interesting for all of us to note any discrepancies too, regardless of whether or not we're breeding.

Bowpi (spayed female) tested pClear before.
    I reordered a test 11/14.
    Order was received 11/28.
    I just checked and the website said it was processed 12/7: they're sending a new kit.

• @switchlanez:

Anyone else here order their retest on October 30 and not get any update on the status besides "Retest scheduled"?
    I left a voicemail and emailed OFA 2 weeks ago and Debbie said it would take 2-3 weeks from date of order or depends on how many orders are ahead of mine. It's been more like a month and a week. 😕

Retest Scheduled (as it was explained to me by others that had these results) means that on the first punch of the FTA Card there was not enough DNA to complete the test, so they take another punch of the FTA Card and rerun the test. If there still is not enough, they will send you a new kit. This can be either for a retest (if you had DNA from the linkage test) or a complete new test.

Basenjis being so dry mouthed, it is hard to get enough "spit" and get it transferred to the FTA Card or at least that is what I have found.

• I had a status of retest scheduled even on the ones testing from the blood draws. I though it indicated that you were in the que for the test as they had pulled your file sample and scheduled the test time.

• @lisastewart:

I had a status of retest scheduled even on the ones testing from the blood draws. I though it indicated that you were in the que for the test as they had pulled your file sample and scheduled the test time.

I think it is used for both. Retest from the linkage test and/or retest if the punch from the FTA card didn't have enough DNA. I know of at least three people that sent in for new tests and then saw the "retest scheduled" on their order. One person's test have been in process for 6 wks.

• Mine all showed retest scheduled at about day 6 after I ordered it, and 2 or 3 days later the results were posted online.

• My tests for my girls were the same until C-Me's didn't have enough DNA to retest so then it changed to New Kit

• I have to order mine today, been swamped getting my daughter visa stuff (she is going to study in France next semester then spend summer there).

Suggested Topics