• I just want to have a little brag about my lovely litter of Australian Cattle Dogs we had on 14th Sept. They are from my gorgeous Crystal, who we are leasing at the moment :)… They are all blue and we have 2 boys and 2 girls, and they all have some black patches on their heads, (yaaaaaaay !!!), and one of the little girls has a black spot on her tail and another small one between her hips. The standard states that black patches on their body, is undesirable, but I dont think many judges would put her down for that ;)... We are very happy to have our 1st ACD litter in 8 years, even if it was a whoops litter :o...

Pics coming soon...

• Many congratulations Saba - you must be delighted. Is it possible that the 'undesirable spots will fade? as they are only very young? I, as you know don't know about ACDs but spots on Basenjis can fade after a few weeks.

• Thank you Patty :)…

No those spots wont fade. At the moment they look really huge on her, but as she grows they will become smaller.. I dont have an issue with them, and if she ends up in the show-ring, Im pretty sure that the majority of judges wont disregard her, just for the patch... Some will, but thats ok... There was a dog shown in the early 90's with a big, huge black saddle on his back, very large, and he did very well in the ring, against some pretty large numbers of good quality ACD's at the time...

• What is with the picture-less post??(haha) You know that we all want to see these little blue darlings 🙂

• Ooooh, sorry LewieFitz, Im not very good with putting pics up, and hubby is on night duty at the moment, but hopefully they will be up in the next day or so…

• These little fatties are doing sooooooo well. Im used to ACD babies losing weight in the first couple of days, then gaining, doubling their weight around day 10ish…

Not with these guys, no weight loss, all have doubled their weight by day 6 :eek:...

Mumma Crystal doesnt even look like she has a lot of milk at all, clearly what she does have is pretty damn good though !!!

Its interesting that for this litter I didnt feed Crystal puppy food at all during her pregnancy, as I have done for all my previous litters, and the pups were good weights at birth, and are now gaining so well ;)... Certainly food for thought, (pardon the pun :D)...

Suggested Topics