Skip to content

Basenji Time line

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a Basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    2 Votes
    16 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    @melduff I for one think this is FANTASTIC news! You guys are so lucky! You have a one of kind super dog with the papers to prove it. Walks around the neighborhood and trips to the dog park are going to be very much fun... Friendly neighbor: Oh, she's so cute! What kind of dog is she? You: Thanks you so much. Why, she's a Staffy Chow Lab Rott Russell Husky. (Ya haff ta memorize that) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :thumbs_up: Thanks a bunch for letting us know. Very much enjoyed your thread.
  • Is this a Basenji?

    Moved Basenji Talk
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    8k Views
    D
    @weedtrek Possibly Basenji mix, nose looks a bit wider and the eyes are less oval. Could well be a Basenji mix though.
  • Advice for potential first-time basenji owners

    Basenji Talk
    67
    0 Votes
    67 Posts
    73k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @Cafu LOL on cutting leash.. I am certain they have retractable scissors in their gums. I have had mine cut leashes and cut straps to clothing that were so smooth, nothing else but scissors explains it (okay or razor blades). Which is why I put these on the collars... snap/ o ring, chain, o ring, leash [image: 1508253202524-leash.jpg]
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • 0 Votes
    35 Posts
    16k Views
    renaultf1R
    @noodle: Mmmmmm…the smell of singeing dog fur - I know it well! :D Mine sit so close to the small fan heater in my bedroom, it makes their whiskers go curly! :rolleyes: The basenji my brother had when I was in high school would sleep UNDER our Franklin woodstove in the basement - Franklin stoves have higher legs than regular woodstoves. When Zeke would come out for water, you couldn't touch him as his fur would burn your hand. :eek:
  • Basenji Traits Your Basenji Doesn't Have…

    Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    34k Views
    M
    My Rue is pretty perfect. She is mixed with something (I don't know what) so she doesn't look like a real B… and she isn't interested in anything in our house (chewing wise), doesn't bolt out the door, and licks like CRAZY! She also doesn't really like to play with other dogs at the dog park, she just smells them, occasionally chases them, then comes back and lays down by me (EXERCISE DANG IT!). The only normal B behaviors that I see in her are the little noises that she makes (she makes a lot of them for different reasons) and her BAROOOOOOO (which is fitting because we named her Rue before we even knew she was a Basenji) and it seems like she is stubborn about sitting. It's like she is saying, "yeah I know you want me to sit, but first I'm gonna spin around in a circle. Then maybe I'll sit if I feel like it." Haha! She is a character!