• @agilebasenji:

yea, I figured that, but "elf meat" had me giggling all day.
    so thanks. :p

X 2 ;)…

Sorry I couldnt help myself !!!

• First Basenji's

@basilboy7:

My puppy is a chewaholic! I need some ideas for toys that will keep him occupied and away from my bedding, clothes, shoes and furniture! He has a squeaky shoe, a squeaky no stuffing raccoon, a blue gel like "bone" with rope on either end, a small stuffed giraffe, a larger stuffed hippo, a small ball, a kong (that he's never touched… even with peanut butter in it), teething rings (I think they're too hard), two rope toys and a plastic/rope toy for tug o' wars (he hasn't touched). Am I missing any really great toys that will keep him occupied? Any ideas? Even if it's a homemade toy, any ideas would be great... thanks!

Do take the stuffed toys, the gel filled toy, the squeaky shoe, anything plastic, and GET RID OF THEM!!!! If he is a chewaholic like you say, then the plastic will get swallowed, the fur will be chewed off and swallowed, the stuffing may eventually end up in the gut, and you too can spend $$$ at the Vet's office and guilt to boot! I paid the price-believe me. When dogs try and get rid of it and spit up, some gastric juices can be inhaled, Uzie now has pneumonia, and a fever of 104 as of this morning's vet visit-third in 10 days…......Bully sticks as MacPack suggested, PreenPet has a good website for chew things that only natural ingredients in them, not made in China.....
    Please consider safer toys!

• I find 3 ft bully sticks at PetSmart for about $13, we cut them into 3 12 inch lengths. When we had 3 younger dogs I ordered 'wholesale/bulk' on line, odorfree free-range 12 inch bullys, worked out to under $3 each but I had to spend over $100 at one time. Of course, I always had a new bully handy when I needed them!

• With all this talk about elf, er, elk meat, is it time for everyone to re-read the (yes, true) story of Dogs in Elk??? If you have never read this old 'chat list' discussion, be sure and empty your bladder first.

http://www.webtree.ca/tree/keeper/dogs_in_elk.htm

Suggested Topics