• Dexter our beautiful Basenji was lost in Port O'Connor Tx after being frightened by fireworks on July 1st 2011. Brindle,wearing a plaid collar with vet tag. We are praying someone picked him up and brought him to Houston or surrounding area. Contact Rick @ 512-496-0156
    attachment_t_11625_0_dexter-resize.jpg

• Oh no!! I posted on Facebook. Does he have a chip as well?

• No chip.
    Thanks for your help - we are very sad.

• Houston

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this..I am praying he is found safe and sound…will look and see if I can track him down in shelters...I am in Houston

• Thank you. My son went to all the shelters in Port Lavaca and Victoria etc - no luck - we have called and faxed many shelters and Vets Dexter's picture with in a 150 mile radius of Houston and Port Oconnor. After conducting a 4 day search on foot and car we are fairly sure someone must have him. I think they will not like him too much after he tears up all their toilet paper rolls! Hopefully someone will see him somewhere soon!

• I hope he gets home soon.

• the Lost Dogs Illinois facebook page has lots of good resources on it for finding lost dogs. Even if you aren't on FB you can still read the information on the Resources tab and the "Lost Dog Action plan" tab. Good luck!

• Someone recently posted the link to a service that finds dogs by calling people within a 100 mile radius of your home with info. about the dog and a contact number. I thought I had bookmarked the link, but apparently I did not. Maybe someone else on the board can hook you up with this service. It looks great - you pay them a fee, and they immediately get to work calling (via computer - they leave messages on answering machines if they can't reach a person and do so 3 times) at minimum 100 people to 5000 (if I remember correctly) in your area explaining that you dog is missing, giving a description and, as I stated, a contact number. If it were my dog - I would utilize this service. Does anybody recall the name of the company???

• @bewler:

Someone recently posted the link to a service that finds dogs by calling people within a 100 mile radius of your home with info. about the dog and a contact number. I thought I had bookmarked the link, but apparently I did not. Maybe someone else on the board can hook you up with this service. It looks great - you pay them a fee, and they immediately get to work calling (via computer - they leave messages on answering machines if they can't reach a person and do so 3 times) at minimum 100 people to 5000 (if I remember correctly) in your area explaining that you dog is missing, giving a description and, as I stated, a contact number. If it were my dog - I would utilize this service. Does anybody recall the name of the company???

It's http://www.findtoto.com/

• Microchips are worth thier weight in gold! Best money I have ever spent!!!

• First Basenji's

We are all praying for you to be reunited soon! Stay positive! My boy is in the hospital with a slight pneumonia and I miss him in just the few hours that he has been away!!!! He may have come back to you if he just ran away with fear. Be glad someone has him sheltered from the elements if this is the case. I hope he does tear up the toilet paper and more so they bring him in somewhere where you can pick him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you everyone for your info and concern. We travelled back to Port O'Connor TX to search one more time on Saturday July 9th. We are very sure someone has him . Several dogs were lost that weekend and it is very apparent that most of the lost dogs had been picked up by visitors to that area and taken with them. It is sad but we pray he is well loved and taken care of. We miss him dearly. Other dogs that were lost with collars, chips etc was a whippet and labs. None were found or reported as being found. Very sad indeed!
    Thank you again.

• Thanks for the info., Nemo!

• We used Karin Tarqwyn. She was fabulous. She is $90 an hour for consultations, but she is incredibly good at getting into a lost dog's head and letting you know the best strategy to get him back.

http://www.k9pi.com/

• Dear Patty M
    My heart skipped a couple of beats when I saw this picture. I wanted it to be him - sadly it is not - but so close -so very close.
    I want to thank you so much for watching out of him and for calling my son last night. We are still heartbroken yet hopeful that he will be found. We miss that little guy terribly.
    Thanks again.
    Lorraine

• UPDATE DEXTER IS ALIVE! July 13 @9.30 am
    Just got a call from a fisherman in an airboat who is currently tracking him thru the brush in Port OConnor TX. He swam across the water and is running along a high deer fence. (I don't know whether I am happy I taught him to swim at this point or not.) He has survived the brush, rattle snakes, coyotes and 115 degree heat 13 days. Please pray for us that we get him back in our arms quickly and safely.

• Prayers going out to you and Dexter. PLEASE keep us posted!

• Thank You Bewler. Patiently waiting for for the phone call - it's a 3 hour drive to that area plus travel in an airboat. My heart is pounding. I will keep you updated. This is an unbelieveable story! 13 days - 115 degree heat - 20 pounds - wow!!!!!!

• i hope everything turns out well and he gets home safely! good luck!

Suggested Topics