• So, my B girl, Bandit is 8 years young.

She has no fears whatsover!

She isn't afraid of the vaccuum, loud noises, 4th of July, large moving objects, or the monsters that live in the street drains.

That's right, she is CONVINCED that something lives in every street grate, sewer pipe, drainage ditch…you get the picture. When we go for walks around the neighborhood, she must, I mean MUST poke her head in everyone's drainage pipe. She MUST peer intently into every street drain. If we miss one, she will DRAG me back (OK I let her cause I think she's hysterical!:D) to take a gander. In her own front yard, she will have to look in one end of the ditch at the end of the lawn and the other end. All the while, it seems she's grinning from ear to ear.

Gotta love those Bs!!!!:):):)

• Sonny is terrified of everything on that list…..but he will challenge every giant pitbull he meets to a dual!!! :rolleyes:

• I wonder if Bandit smells animals that have been in them.

Jennifer

• Could be creatures in the drains? Something must be very intriguing!

• The Raccoons here live in the sewers during the day. I've many times seen 2-3 single file march into them in the very early am. Buddy always checks out the sewers on walks. Sometimes he sees them at 4:45am going in and wants to bolt over. Any large moving objects like cars and trucks he gives them a loud "RaRaRaRaRaRaRa"! 😃

• @vickilb:

That's right, she is CONVINCED that something lives in every street grate, sewer pipe, drainage ditch…you get the picture. When we go for walks around the neighborhood, she must, I mean MUST poke her head in everyone's drainage pipe.

I suppose, that if you are looking to rid yourself of this behavior, you might want to read Stephen King's It to her. Confession, I haven't actually read that particular King novel but I believe it is about a demented clown that lives in the sewer. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

• In Florida we really have walking catfish that travel from sewer drain to sewer drain during heavy rain storms…. maybe there are monster slugs in Washington? 🙂

• Shaye also loves to peer in the drains - since she is little, I am afraid she will fall in, so I don't let her too near! She never was afraid of anything either; but, out of the clear blue, Gemma, her B-mix companion, has decided she is nervous about thunder and paces the house, whining and barking. So, not to be outdone, Shaye is either pretending or also becoming nervous about the thunder. I don't think Gemma is scared, I think she wants to go find it. In any event, I'm quite busy these days 'cause there's lots of thunder going on. Can't wait until the 4th of July - also something that never bothered either of them - yet.

• @agilebasenji:

I suppose, that if you are looking to rid yourself of this behavior, you might want to read Stephen King's It to her. Confession, I haven't actually read that particular King novel but I believe it is about a demented clown that lives in the sewer. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you're right - I had a Stephen King period a few years back, and the clown one was very scary. :eek:

• I'm a big Stephen King fan and I think It is probably one of his scariest!

• Congo loves to peer into drains as well and loves to challenge the vacuum.

• First Basenji's

Mojo is like Sonnyboy- he's scared of his own shadow, but goes after a pittbull every chance he gets!

• Oh, thank you Very Much! Butu also peers down drains, and I have read 'It'! Now I shall be petrified of Killer Clowns :eek:

Suggested Topics