• According to his deleted first post, the dog will be spayed on Monday.

• I rescued from a dog auction a young female under 1 year old who was supposedly running with a male. After she was spayed, I was told she was pregnant. She did not look like it at all. There were no complications with the spay.

Jennifer

• @dmey:

I think this all relates to a comment I made on another thread about breeders in mexico, or latin america in general. I can feel it is the same in indonesia,..people just do not see this issue the way we see it, Most people see no problem with dogs breeding, they actually consider it " kind of cruel to NOT let dogs breed. And most, OF course not all, but most people see money first, they dont consider animal cruelty, or the future of the animal, and I think you are right on about the vet.. I cant explain why , its just that I have seen this first hand so much here in dominican republic,.. people just dont get it!!

you are right about the cultural differences. i deal with ppl from many different countries and they have all said it is cruel to spay/neuter, that dogs/cats should do what is natural. i think informing them of some of the issues in a calm, neutral manner is the best we can do. sometimes we have to accept that cultures do things differently and we can't always see it as right and wrong.

• I hope the positive posts helped this fellow reach the right decision for the dogs involved.

• I never diss pet owners or breeders on a public forum.. but you just scream that you want it with a nice big target on your forehead.

While I would never wish a disease on a dog,

I truly believe that YOU are the kind of person that DESERVES to live with a Fanconi affected dog…
    that is also blind and crippled.

That might be the only thing to keep you from breeding again.

Maybe seeing your blind crippled dog lumbering around while it pees throughout the house you might reconsider breeding ever again...

but then again.. probably not by the sheer stupidity of the previous posts.

GAWD help those dogs.

• Oh, My!!!!!

• Kathy, the person says going to neuter both on Monday. Hope that they are and will stick around and learn from here.

• Yes, its difficult but not imposible to bread on Latin America, M?xico or Indonesian, but need to have patience, make a buck not with the dogs and wait until the right dog shows up.

And then, still need to think what its the purpose of breeding her.

The only purpose for a lot of people is make some money with the dogs.

But if you read on these forum you can notice that even on the USA are irresponsible breeders, so need to learn from the people that really loves the dogs. And stay away from breeding any kind of dog until you know what are you doing.

Happily you are taking the most happy desicion. 🙂

Enjoy your dogs and get patience, and about the vets.. well, the most of them ever on their lives have seen a basenji until you walk into their practices. So i prefer to search and read by my self.

Dont bread a sick dog! a friend breed his bulldog and first lost almost the full litter, then the only survivor and the mom get sick! And the mom finally pass away. After suffer a lot of surgerys for a lot of complications and my friend that really loves her, spent a lot of money on vet bills.

There is no fanconi test outside USA.. just on Europe and by mail from USA.

I wanna breed some time a basenji litter, but will wait until i get the fanconi, the right dogs and have some money ready to spent on the matter, from my work, not from my female.

Really dont breed a sick dog, is unnatural and the natural dont forget, forgive and return a high hard prize on that mistake.

• This very well written and excellent advice, Maca.

• @Maca:

There is no fanconi test outside USA.. just on Europe and by mail from USA.

The fanconi test is by mail EVERYWHERE. It isn't done in a vet clinic. We go online and order it, so ANYONE ANYWHERE can order it.
    It is easily done even in remote places.
    It might take a while to get the cheek swab in the mail, but doing this will save heartache later.

Good for you Maca for making a wise choice!

Suggested Topics