• Anne,

How do these breeders know that sometime in the future you might want to own a show dog? A club has to have new members or it will decline in membership over time. If I was a breeder and club member I would want people joining who are serious about the breed.

I think it is important for a newbie to the breed to attend shows and events as it is a good way to gain knowledge about Bs especially when it comes to type and movement.

Jennifer

• I thought the same thing back then, Jennifer, and was surprised that membership in BCOA was so difficult. And I did consider showing. The only puppy we ever bought, from south Florida, I planned to show but when told I had to cut off her long gorgeous whiskers, I decided her show career was ending before beginning, haha!
    Might take a stab at again some day, just for fun, when I retire. Thinking about a black boy pup next year…....

• Don't take my word for it; for those BCOA members - feel free to ask to join the group and see for yourself how hard folks have been working:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/bcoahealth/

Linda, I took your advice and used this link to join the group. I have had my request answered. Since you invited us to join can you arrange to accept my request to join the group?
    Thanks
    Therese

• @Therese:

Linda, I took your advice and used this link to join the group. I have had my request answered. Since you invited us to join can you arrange to accept my request to join the group?
    Thanks Therese

I assume you mean you have NOT had your request answered??

I am just an auditor to the group though I do post and voice my unofficial opines on occasion since I am not on the committee.

I will send an email to the co-chairs/moderators and tell them there is a request from you. It is always possible they have not seen it as these is a ton of mail these days.

If I hear back I will let you know via email - assuming you do not get a reply for your request from them.

Hope that is sufficient.

• Thanks Linda, I got your message at home as well.
    Therese

Suggested Topics