Skip to content

´How long did it take to receive your FA result

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • Myran is Fanconi Clear but it was a 4,5 month ordeal before I received the results first the DNA taken from bloodsample failed and Finland hadn´t sent enough to OFA for a second one.Then the cheekswab test failed first after the second test done on the swab did I receive the result.Inbetween the tests there were long pauses and I had to be vigilant and keep sending letter after letter to even get the answeres.
    Ok so I didn´t expect him to be a carrier as he was born out of a clear/clear breeding but as it´s just a marker test and not 100% you never know.
    Worst was the end of this testperiod as breeding season was starting and I had promised people they could use him.So has this ever happend in US or elsewhere or was I just extremely unlucky??What happens if you breed a carrier and a clear and the puppy is sold abroad you´ve tested but then things start to go wrong and you end up waiting like me for almost 5 months.How many puppy buyers are willing to wait these months to know whether the puppy is clear or carrier and then comes the issue with rabies shots if the puppy is older then three months.

Suggested Topics

  • Fanconi Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    P
    congratulation kathy. that's really great to hear. i hope my boy will be clear too!!. by the way how idi you get his ggg grandpa's resault last time i talked to u??>
  • Just received the kit!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    crystalncodyC
    @Buana: Good luck with the test! Did it go well this morning? Yes, it went well, thankfully! He was still asleep when I first started the swab. He woke up for just a few seconds, looked at me, then went right back to sleep. I actually had to reswab him because I didn't feel like I got enough the first time and he didn't even wake up! Now I'm waiting anxiously with my fingers crossed!
  • Results Are In

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    196
    0 Votes
    196 Posts
    160k Views
    P
    ya but i don't know how to put them on the computer!!.i'm told by an old basenji shower thathe's in the big size ! but everything is in line to show him!.
  • Fanconi Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    9k Views
    kurabasenjiK
    Vicki, thanks for letting us know. We have decided we will test Kura and will let you know how we get on & when we have ordered. Gutted for your result on her brother Trouper. Will keep in touch x Lisa & Kura x
  • Fanconi Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    BenkuraB
    That's great news. I bet you're glad the waiting is over. :)
  • My Fanconi Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    BenkuraB
    @lukris: That's good news about Chance Vicky. At least you know you have to find a nice clear boy for Nakura now. You must be relieved. Chance is Nakura's son so can't use him! The search continues. We need to encourage more people to test are there are only about 6 clear stud dogs in UK at moment. So not much too choose from there!!