• These are just a few pictures of Dexter from the last two weeks. I think everyone at home gets tired of me showing them new doggie pics, but apparently, it doesn't get old here, so 😃 :
    attachment_t_11285_0_0402112334-00.jpg
    attachment_t_11285_1_0405111246-00.jpg
    attachment_t_11285_2_20110427191339.jpg
    attachment_t_11285_3_img_6807.jpg
    attachment_t_11285_4_dsc00752-2.jpg
    attachment_t_11285_5_dsc00764-2.jpg

• he has such a precious face!!! i love the car picture, too! suki also thinks it is appropriate to stand on top of me in whatever manner she sees fit.

• Very cute photos. I enjoy them!

• First Basenji's

She is looking very sweet, very alert. Is the black on her nose filling in a little? The car-riding picture is rather funny, but sorry for your friend (fiance?) who has to have basenji-butt in his face! Our rule for the front passenger seat is that butts gotta be DOWN if you're going to sit up there! 🙂

• Thanks guys! Yes, when in the car he always seems to want to sit/stand in the strangest positions, but he doesn't like wobbling so I just wish he would realize that if he would just stay laying down he wouldn't wobble! haha. He is starting to stay laying for the most part now… With an occasional strange position thrown in once in a while.
    And also, yes, his nose is definitely filing in more! It's harder to tell in the pictures, but it is clear when you've been seeing him in person. 🙂

• @DexterDex:

Thanks guys! Yes, when in the car he always seems to want to sit/stand in the strangest positions, but he doesn't like wobbling so I just wish he would realize that if he would just stay laying down he wouldn't wobble!

suki totally does not get this. she is uncomfortable because of she is constantly jostled. if she would lay down, there would be significantly less jostling. but, no, she chooses to stand on the armrest and quiver and whine. ohhhhh, little dog! what shall i do with you?

• Hahaha glad I'm not alone on that. I feel so silly because in the car I even tell him, "Look, you were just laying down a moment ago, and you were not wobbling and you were comfortable and content, now you decide to stand up and tip over and stumble around? What sense does that make?"
    Tsk tsk tsk. Sillies 🙂

• Houston

He is looking darling as ever..he does have the sweetest little face.

• So cute!!!!:)

We NEVER get tired of b pics!!!:):):) (I know I can speak for everyone on that!!!)

• Keep on sending those pictures - we love them no matter how many. Got a kick out of the third picture, in the car - further proof that in their eyes, we are sometimes just furniture to be climbed upon.

• Thanks, and good to know that pictures don't get old here haha! What's also funny about the third picture is that after I took this picture I told him to sit, and so he sat with his behind in the same place that his feet are in the picture. It was soooo funny looking! His butt was way up high and his front legs were on my fiance's lap. 😃 Silly

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tjktSVcq2g

Dexter doing his whopping 3 tricks! lol…:o

• awww… he's such a good boy!

• Lol, thanks. I realized after that I sound like a broken record "Good Boy!!" after every one. haha

• yeah, but what else could you say? excellent work there, chap? good boy is much easier.

• Lmao…I think I will have to start saying that to people...but yes, Good boy will have to stick for Dexter.

• 🙂

i often feel like i'm having trouble with coming up with unique praise! i've got to change it up a bit at times, just to keep my sanity!

• Haha I suppose I will be in the same boat in a coupe of years. English Teacher in training right here! 🙂
    Dexter picked up on those 3 tricks sooo fast. I was surprised, but we are having a little trouble getting him to do stand. I wouldn't have thought that would be the difficult one! haha.

• Dexter is doing so well! Keep up the good work with him. As for 'praise' statements, I believe whatever comments come out of your mouth at the time are fine. I think it's the 'tone' that tells our dogs how happy we are with them.

• Thank you very much! I was wondering how fast is too fast to be moving and how soon is too soon before I start on something new, not quite sure about that.

Suggested Topics