Another "Does Anyone Know this Breeder?"

• @dcmclcm4:

I saw an ad from someone in Cypress, TX for CKC B pups. The area code was 713 which is a Houston area code. I do not know if the ad was current though. This breeder may be Mary Alaniz. Is anyone familiar with her? Her ad has CKC as her affiliation!

How did CKC Bs get so popular and why would anyone want to buy a pup if they are not health tested at least for Fanconi?

The OH Amish breeders also have/had CKC registered Bs.

Jennifer

I bought my pup from Mary Alaniz. She said his parents had been tested. He will be a year old in 5 days. So far no health problems. She was very nice and told me if I have any questions or need advice to contact her. I researched the breed and breeders for over a year before I bought one. I think if the dogs are well bred (in terms of genetics) and are healthy that it is oK if they are not AKC registered, especially if you are not interested in showing and are going to have them fixed anyways. Also, her dogs are pets to her, not just a dollar sign, she seems to really care about them, they live in her house, unlike some breeders who keep dogs in kennels.

• @Channing's_Girl:

I bought my pup from Mary Alaniz. She said his parents had been tested. He will be a year old in 5 days. So far no health problems. She was very nice and told me if I have any questions or need advice to contact her. I researched the breed and breeders for over a year before I bought one. I think if the dogs are well bred (in terms of genetics) and are healthy that it is oK if they are not AKC registered, especially if you are not interested in showing and are going to have them fixed anyways. Also, her dogs are pets to her, not just a dollar sign, she seems to really care about them, they live in her house, unlike some breeders who keep dogs in kennels.

Good to hear. I bought my Basenji from her a couple years back as well. I got the runt of that litter (the last one left) but she's doing just fine.

Suggested Topics