Skip to content

The Modern Basenji Magazine

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a Basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    2 Votes
    16 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    @melduff I for one think this is FANTASTIC news! You guys are so lucky! You have a one of kind super dog with the papers to prove it. Walks around the neighborhood and trips to the dog park are going to be very much fun... Friendly neighbor: Oh, she's so cute! What kind of dog is she? You: Thanks you so much. Why, she's a Staffy Chow Lab Rott Russell Husky. (Ya haff ta memorize that) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :thumbs_up: Thanks a bunch for letting us know. Very much enjoyed your thread.
  • The Other Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    8k Views
    KipawaK
    I read your blog and find it kind of confusing and ….. your comment about "messing with ..." hmmmmmmm.... Anyhow, yes, it is so cool when you come across another basenji, because they totally understand each other and how they want to play. We were fortunate once to have another basenji play chase with Kipawa at a dog park. I just don't think there are many basenjis in the Lower Mainland. :(
  • Is she a basenji

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    22k Views
    W
    lol usually when you breed a bigger dog to a smaller dog the Male is the tiny one. Its just dangerous to do it the other way around. As far as DNA breed testing I would go for it if I could. But i am just interested in those kinds of tests. We offer them at our clinic but i haven't ever seen results for them.
  • Free Sample copy of The Basenji magazine

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @Itzyu: FYI - I saw the thread about The Basenji magazine. You can get a free sample copy of The Basenji by emailing julie@thebasenji.com - no charge for a free sample copy. If you are a Basenji breeder, you can request a free copy for any or all of your new puppy owners - just email Julie their names and addresses. If you do Basenji rescue, you can request a free copy for any or all of your new rescue homes - just email Julie their names and addresses. One sample per household please. If you like your sample copy and decide you'd like to subscribe, you can go online to www.thebasenji.com and either pay online (via PayPal or credit card) or mail a check to the address at the web site. Again, the contact person for samples is julie@thebasenji.com Take care, Lisa www.thebasenji.com Great Magazine for all Basenji lovers!!!!!
  • Basenji Traits Your Basenji Doesn't Have…

    Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    34k Views
    M
    My Rue is pretty perfect. She is mixed with something (I don't know what) so she doesn't look like a real B… and she isn't interested in anything in our house (chewing wise), doesn't bolt out the door, and licks like CRAZY! She also doesn't really like to play with other dogs at the dog park, she just smells them, occasionally chases them, then comes back and lays down by me (EXERCISE DANG IT!). The only normal B behaviors that I see in her are the little noises that she makes (she makes a lot of them for different reasons) and her BAROOOOOOO (which is fitting because we named her Rue before we even knew she was a Basenji) and it seems like she is stubborn about sitting. It's like she is saying, "yeah I know you want me to sit, but first I'm gonna spin around in a circle. Then maybe I'll sit if I feel like it." Haha! She is a character!
  • Basenji Mix in New York Dog magazine

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    ChaseandZahrasmomC
    Let me know if you can't find it I can scan it for you! I found mine at Barnes and Noble.