Skip to content

Sherwood dogs in the snow

Show Off Your Dog
  • Snow is a rare occurance here in Georgia but last night we got several inches. The dogs weren't sure what to make of it but when they saw someone walking their dog they got excited.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_gnztWmwuY

  • I love when your escape artist tries to climb out. This video made me laugh.

    -Nicole

  • Excellent! :) I hope we get some snow here!

  • @nkjvcjs:

    I love when your escape artist tries to climb out. This video made me laugh.

    -Nicole

    I was a bit surprised to get that on video. Luckily he is very obedient when I tell him to get down. I think he is more interested in getting a better view than he is escaping.

  • I thought Cara-dont-let-my-feet-touch-anything-I-will-melt would die, but she actually went out and ran in the snow today as did Arwen. I guess the dryness isn't bothering them as much as the wetter Christmas snow.

  • Wow. I can't believe that Rainie just sort of hops straight up & catches the top of the fence. No running start or anything.

  • @Andrew:

    Wow. I can't believe that Rainie just sort of hops straight up & catches the top of the fence. No running start or anything.

    He doesn't need a running start to jump onto the stove either. :eek: Remember, this is the puppy that I found walking around on top of the washing machine at a very tender age lol. He had climbed up on a crate then bounced up there. This is one of the reasons I was so eager to keep him. He had so much potential as a performance dog. That whole litter was athletic though. They started jumping as little babies.

  • He looked to be thoroughly enjoying himself perched on the fence like that- even if it was for only a second, made me laugh

  • Wow, Rainie has definitely mastered that fence. Perhaps you can take him rock climbing, lol.

  • I also laughed at the fence jump. It was done so naturally… :D

  • All we got this time was ice. 4 inches of it. We can't even get off our doormat! Abbey just peeks out and says Nah, ain't gonna do it.

Suggested Topics

  • Is my dog a basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    2 Votes
    17 Posts
    6k Views
    N
    Happy New Year to you and your beauty!!!!
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    L
    I used Wisdom Panel for my assumed Basenji mix. It showed no basenji at all. My boy is 32 lbs and short hair. His DNA says he is 25% American Eskimo 12.5% Boston Terrier 12.5% Chow Chow 12.5% German Shepherd 12.5% Miniature Schnauzer 25% Breed Group-Sporting, Herding, Hound, Terrier. Having owned basenjis all my life I would say my boy has basenji in him by his personality and behavior regardless of what his dna says!!
  • New Dog!

    Show Off Your Dog
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    19k Views
    C
    I'm new here too! Just wanted to say you have a beautiful dog!
  • Royal dog

    Show Off Your Dog
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    P
    Fula Nzara of the Congo was sired by Fulaflyaway of the Congo and my dogs are related through him. Queen Juliana was a patron of our club - the Basenji Owners and Breeders Association. It was wonderful to see the pictures, thank you for posting them.
  • November snow

    Show Off Your Dog
    28
    0 Votes
    28 Posts
    13k Views
    JannekeJ
    @myran: Did it happen when his family jewels were examined som Basenji boy´s can be very protective about them.Anyway it doesn´t have to mean anything can be just part of his growing process better luck next time.You know you have a sweet boy who loves the world so do not wreck your head about it. I don't know exactly.. but he had no problems with the judge looking at his teeth. And yes.. I know he's the sweetest in the world.. so I'm not worried about him randomly biting people ;) I just hope he won't learn from this experience that it is ok to growl/snap and will repeat it again…. We will definitly try to put some more energy in ring training again.
  • CD Dog

    Show Off Your Dog
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    WBLW
    LOL thats very cute