Skip to content

New pup dog persons

Member Introductions
  • The pup dog persons have been trying to find somewhere to take their two humans(which they own)somewhere to meet other humans.They would like to exchange information about their habits and some of the cute things these humans can do. Oh!my name is Reggie B.(the b stands for butthead) and Blossom Nicole (I ignore when it suits me, this is often), we own to humans named Fred and Antoinette and live as a familly in Louisville,Ky. They are rescues from this area and have been very happy since we let these two move in with us. Blossom and I are not related but since being together you (could not tell), we get along so well. Both of us are red and whites and we continue to grow with our humans,e.g.we have taught our humans to behave on a lead while walking and to stop and sit at all crossings as we live in the city.We are the talk of the town when we take our humans walking and enjoy all the attention we get. Our humans take very good care of us only the best will do and for that we let them pet us a lot ( the things we must put up with to please humans).Well, now you have meet our family and we look forward to meeting other basenji's and their humans.

Suggested Topics

  • New here and new to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    10
    6 Votes
    10 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    @elbrant That's how all my 8-some learned to catch. If food dropped on the floor - you lost it ! So they all stood on their hind legs and it was like feeding a nest of fledgling sparrows. A gentle toss of the treat and someone caught it !
  • Can't wait to pick up my new pup.

    Member Introductions
    40
    5 Votes
    40 Posts
    22k Views
    tanzaT
    @jdhunt0 - Great to hear!
  • New pup!

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    N
    @jalex Well, Welcome back home to NJ. I got some nice doggy coats from an online store Dover. Made just like a horse blanket so they don't slip to the side when the dog is doing a B500 run. There is a Dover store in Del Hockessin that lets you take your pup in for try on if you are not into measuring. I got a nice rain coat and a good heavy winter blankie for my girl. Regular doggy stores have lots of cute sweaters. Not sure about the boots. Lost my Basenji girl a year ago so never had a chance to try the boots. I think a fellow made them for his dogs. Will try to get the link and see how he goes about it. If I find out I will pass it along.
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    No state in the US allows a home rabies shot now. Thirty years ago you could, but not now. There are a lot of low cost clinics though.
  • New to forum and dog ownership

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    Chealsie508C
    Eldorado does litter box train and they were always very successful at it when I visited..I know they line the outside of the box with newspaper too..so I would make sure to do that also so she's as familiar with the process as she can be. I would suggest if you can't get her to start using it for pooping soon to just get her a coat and start outside. The longer she goes without pooping where you want her to the harder it'll be when you need to change it. Bad habits develop fast. I wish I started Oakley outside right away versus litter training. He always would pee in it but he wouldn't poop in it. He got very used to pooping next to the box on the kitchen floor and to this day prefers going on hard surfaces. I know it's hard to imagine potty training outside in this weather but you might be better off in the long run. I'm not against the litter box, I also have an eldorado pup; I just know the entire process would've been easier and more beneficial to is both if I braved the weather and did it in the first plAce
  • New Member, New Dog

    Member Introductions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    12k Views
    RivermoonR
    Whatever she is, she's a little doll. It's nice to know that the displaced pups are finding such good homes.