With 'THANKS' to all of you

• Dear fellow members - just a little under a year ago I found this forum and joined as a member. Some of you may remember me back then - I just dove in and started asking questions, reading past threads and telling you that a basenji was in my future. You may have thought that I was another wing nut who would just eventually fade away - if you are still hoping for that, well too bad, stop waiting! 🙂

I had been a member of a few forums before, but eventually left them due to them lacking energy and being overly filled with bickering and downright nastiness - nothing like the constructive 'clarifications' that we have on here, which I view as beneficial, as people are free to state their beliefs, which in the end gives so much food for thought.

I want to thank all of you for the quality of information you've provided me with, as I head towards becoming a basenji 'parent' for the first time. What you've all taught me is that this forum is filled with folks that really love this breed, be you breeders, those who show, the group involved in rescue (bless you) or pet owners. It's all about the basenjis - that is our common thread here and you showed me that it is never forgotten.

So in addition to my thanks, I wish all of you and your furred friends, a new year filled with much happiness, the best of health and many opportunites to live life to its fullest.

• I doubt anyone with functioning brain cells isn't happy to include you in the basenji owner circle. Glad you are getting your pup!

• yes you are right Fran, this is a good forum. I know i certainly gained support when we lost our Dogs and it is so nice to share news about Malaika and indeed our other pets and news with like minded people.
    There are certainly spats at times but that is life and hopefuly we can all move on 😉
    I generaly find the forum interesting, informative and fun and feel as if i have made friends here.

• Thank you Fran… and I would be "over the top" to have a potential owner like you..... as all the breeders here would. I know that you will give your new pup the best home...

Say Hi to Kevin and Therese for me when they bring your baby.....

• We're certainly glad to have you here Fran as you add good spirit to the pack. Looking forward to seeing pics of Kipawa! Happy New Barooo year too!

• @tanza:

Thank you Fran… and I would be "over the top" to have a potential owner like you..... as all the breeders here would. I know that you will give your new pup the best home...

Say Hi to Kevin and Therese for me when they bring your baby.....

Thanks for the kind words Pat. Therese can't make it over the border (documentation reasons) but she will be driving Kevin to Bellingham with Kipawa and one of the girl pups - a little road trip for her. Therese will stay in Bellingham and Kevin will deliver Kipawa to us. He will then head back to Bellingham and join Therese for the ride home.

We are bursting with excitement here, and feel so fortunate to know we always have an extended family in FoPaws. It's a great way to start life out with a new puppy. We plan on visiting them next summer if they have their "basenji weekend", and will more than likely see them at some of the shows.

• A very happy future for you and Kipawa, Fran. May t2011 bring you much joy with your puppy.

I totally agree about this forum and the folks on it.

• Houston

Well said Fran..I agree 100%..this is a great place to be part of..I have personally learned so much since I became a member a while back..some things hurt, some make you laugh but all in all they taught me something I was eager to learn.
    I am glad to have met you here and hope to hear lots from you in the future..may this next year and many more bring lots of laugher and happiness..I know with a puppy on the way..it sure will work out nicely.

• And to continue the Fopaw's theme here…. Kobey (Emerant Fopaw TriWizard At Tanza) had his very first Novice Rally shows yesterday and today. Yesterday he scored a 95 and 4th place for his first Rally Leg... today, he scored 98 and 1st place for his second Rally leg...

Pass along my HI to Kevin... and tell him to give Therese a hug for me!!!!

Suggested Topics