• Im currently putting together my puppy pack, and I was wondering if anyone could send me links to sites, or articles etc, that they really LOVE, or that they always include in their puppy packs, please ???

I just need some ideas, as I have hit a bit of a brickwall about it :D…

• I love Sophia Yin's articles.

She has a great puppy primer that she made for her dad.

http://www.askdryin.com/movies/LucyLearns2Earn%20Encrypt.pdf

She also has a good crate training brochure

http://www.askdryin.com/movies/CrateDogLR.pdf

• @saba:

Im currently putting together my puppy pack, and I was wondering if anyone could send me links to sites, or articles etc, that they really LOVE, or that they always include in their puppy packs, please ???

I just need some ideas, as I have hit a bit of a brickwall about it :D…

Hi Saba. I am not sure what you want to add but this is what i would plan on using if i have a litter. You can add and subtract things and make it your own if you wish. Hope i am a little bit of help.

Included in Puppy Packet Folder as of 8-1-2010
    o RIGHT SIDE of folder
     Copy of the Adoption Contract
     Three year Health Guarantee
     Breeders contact information, & veterinarians, training classes, groomers, etc.
     Microchip information
     Recommendations for shots
     Pet Record

o LEFT SIDE of folder
     Breed standard
     Basenji Health Problems
     Article on Flea and heartworm preventative
     Pet Health Insurance information
     Article and instructions of feeding
     Article on House Training your puppy
     Article on crate training
     Choosing the right Gender—pros and cons

Will be included once puppies are born
     AKC Registration Papers Limited/full and AKC registration Application
     Puppy and/or parents Health Certificates (OFA, CERF, etc.) Photos of pup ages 1 week old through 8 weeks old.( Show puppy pose at 8 weeks) and then a photo of each parent.
     Puppies Pedigree
     Vaccinations, Wormings, and Complete health records
     Your puppy will be current on all vaccinations and a pet’s health records with full details of shot records proven will be given. De-worming will be provided for your puppy while under our care. We recommend you continue this schedule.

Additional Bonuses for your puppy (if in stock):
     Eukanuba Puppy starter kit
     Food and water bowls
     Accident carpet refresher
     Dog brush
     A favorite toy
     A box of dog treats
     Pet taxi – optional
     30% off our Partial grooming Service –if located in Mitchell or surrounding areas
     A small sample size of dog shampoo –we put these together ourselves if in stock

• Since Basenji afflictions are late onset what good is a Two year Health Guarantee? And hips/elbows can't be certified until after the age of 2?

• Sorry that is the old one. On my revised papers, i stated there was a 3 year guarantee. Because I agree, alot of things dont show up until 2…but just throwing it out there, alot of people that i have seen or contacted only do a one year. Which i dont understand at all... oh and Fanconi would be guarenteed for the life of the puppy/dog.

I am still in research (these are just things i planned on doing) if i ever got to that point. Might i ask what you offer with your puppies? Or what would you recommend? like i said these are just trials and i just put on here so it was an example for Saba to use as they were looking for things to go in a puppy packet.

• @misspodhradsky:

Sorry that is the old one. On my revised papers, i stated there was a 3 year guarantee. Because I agree, alot of things dont show up until 2…but just throwing it out there, alot of people that i have seen or contacted only do a one year. Which i dont understand at all... oh and Fanconi would be guarenteed for the life of the puppy/dog.

I am still in research (these are just things i planned on doing) if i ever got to that point. Might i ask what you offer with your puppies? Or what would you recommend? like i said these are just trials and i just put on here so it was an example for Saba to use as they were looking for things to go in a puppy packet.

I offer a guarantee for life… I will always take back that puppy/adult if necessary. This is not to say that I will "refund" money, because I don't (however each situation is different, so I would never say never). But I will support any of my puppy owners and if I can will help support in the care of that puppy if a problem comes up. There is no breeder that can honestly guarantee that a puppy/dog will not come up with some problem some time in his or her lifetime, so I find and "guarantees" are pretty much a joke when people say you have a 1, 2, 3, whatever amount of time... as a responsible breeder you are in it for life.

• @tanza:

I offer a guarantee for life… I will always take back that puppy/adult if necessary. This is not to say that I will "refund" money, because I don't (however each situation is different, so I would never say never). But I will support any of my puppy owners and if I can will help support in the care of that puppy if a problem comes up. There is no breeder that can honestly guarantee that a puppy/dog will not come up with some problem some time in his or her lifetime, so I find and "guarantees" are pretty much a joke when people say you have a 1, 2, 3, whatever amount of time... as a responsible breeder you are in it for life.

I offer a lifetime guarantee to take a puppy back. I meant that the guatantee is for 3 years that I will replace or refund a puppy. After the three years i will still take back a puppy at anytime i just wont give them a puppy or a refund.

I would always support any puppy throughout its life and would never deny a puppy back into my life. I love dogs and no matter what i am responsible for the dogs that I would produce. I offer lifetime commitment to the owners and the puppies

And I didnt realize this. I thought everyone was supposed to have a Guarantee. but i offer a replacement puppy for 3 years. (a partial refund might also be offered in certain instances. then I do not allow a replacement puppy but, like i said, id always take back a puppy.

Suggested Topics