Skip to content

Boarding needed in OH

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Oh no! Help!

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    S
    Often dogs don't know WHERE to go, in a new place. So, take them out every 3 hrs and treat/praise with proper elimation. Also, keep the areas of the apt your not in, closed. Keep the dog with you, and if you see the nose down, take it out. This should pass as the dog gets more settled. We travel a lot with our dogs, and we keep them with us in motel rooms, with closets, bathrooms shut. When they act like they are sniffing, we take them out. Also, extra exercise with your b will help. Good luck
  • Why would anyone need children?

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    K
    I have two kids. A ten yr old and a six yr old. Kaycee truly believes she's a kid as well. Whatever they get up to, she's right in the thick of things. God help me when we get the other baby B.
  • I need some help

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    19k Views
    S
    So, its all good then?
  • Boarding

    Basenji Talk
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    19k Views
    gbroxonG
    Magnum's breeder is always willing to board. I've only had to do it once (for four days), but he came back his normal, happy self. Although I'm sure he didn't get the human lovin' he gets here at home, he got a lot of doggy interaction, which he doesn't get here at home. Since Mag's breeder is within a 1/2-hour drive from us, it was a no brainer. I realize that that's not generally possible, but, if you're close enough, it's definitely something to check out. Also, since we didn't get Magnum 'til he was over a year old, he was very acclimated to his breeder's environment. When we dropped him off, he was so happy to see his breeder and her family and his old-time buddies, he didn't even wave good-bye to us ;) . That was important to me, too. And the rate of $5 a day didn't hurt either.
  • Oh Cali..

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Y
    Rocket does the same thing when I'm sick, he watches me all day and never leaves my side. Of course I'm in bed all day which is where every B prefers to be!!
  • Oh No !!!

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    I like Adams flea shampoo. It kills the buggers and leaves the animals hair soft. Haven't used it on my Basenji though, as we just haven't had fleas here for a few years.