Rescue With Special Needs - Medfly

• Houston

Poor little girl..I hope she finds her forever home soon..

• Karen contacted me about this and asked if anyone here on the forum has gotten a B from these people to be aware.

• @nobarkus:

Karen contacted me about this and asked if anyone here on the forum has gotten a B from these people to be aware.

She contacted me too…. 😞

• @tanza:

She contacted me too…. 😞

Very irresponsible!! Especially when the reputable breeders are working so hard to stop this dreadful disease from spreading. They're like a prostitute who has AIDS and does not care about continuing to spread it as long as they got their $. :(:mad:

• Not trying to defend this breeder so don't take my post that way. This girl, Daisy was born in '05 - before the marker test was available. That said, if they knew the parents were carriers/affected with Fanconi (from strip testing) then it is inexcusable. As well it is inexcusable to use the Cambria name.

• This is so terribly sad. I would hate to think that any breeder would knowingly breed dogs that would produce Fanconi puppies. Dan, your analogy is right on. Let's hope this wonderful looking little gal finds a special home.

• First Basenji's

That is so sad… Mountain Springs aren't taking her back then? I couldn't find anything on their site about their policies, just "PUPPIES SOLD, PUPPIES SOLD, PUPPIES SOLD."

• I believe that Karen at Medfly has been in touch with Mt Springs and talked to the owner and has decided that she is better off with Medfly considering the situation.

• First Basenji's

I think I understand. I would agree that rescue is a better place for her too. It'll take a very special adopter to give this the girl the quality of life she deserves!

• I have to tell you all, there are very few angels who will take in a fanconi b. I hope this girl finds one…

Suggested Topics