Skip to content

How to win an argument…basenji style

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a basenji ?

    Basenji Talk
    50
    4 Votes
    50 Posts
    29k Views
    KembeK
    Looks can be so deceiving- here is an article of a woman who adopted a rescue dog in N.J. Dog looks like a basenji - even her vet thought it might be basenji. She did an Embark DNA test - no basenji. Turned out the dog was a mixture of Mountain Cur, Rat Terrier, Beagle, and Boston Terrier. link text
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Is this a Basenji??

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    18k Views
    G
    My Basenji Billy is quite undershot; he's a purebred, his bottom jaw just didn't stop growing when it was supposed to. That's okay, I'm a bit of a sucker for a dog with an underbite anyway.:) He was my first rescue Basenji.
  • Basenjis win hands down

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    One of the reasons I got Basenjis instead of other dogs is just that "needy, begging" thing that drives me crazy in other dogs. I've always preferred cats because I like an animal that demands some respect. When I found the Basenji, I found a very catlike dog who wants a say in what is going on around her, and has a very strong feeling of self-worth. A basenji loves you on its own terms, and I find that perfect for my household.
  • Embarrassment Basenji style

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    youngandtiredY
    This is what dogs do, I wouldn't be embarassed in the least, I am sure they are use to this. It would be worse if you took your kid to the doctor and they peed on them. haha!!!!
  • Happy Valentine's Day (basenji style)

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    Hi all you Northeasterners :) I too am HATING this weather…lots of snow, ice pellets, ice, slippery sidewalks & the darn rock salt!! UUGHHH Some of us like snow…....:rolleyes: I'm with you J.......UUGHH:mad: Happy V-Day J!;)