Points Questions - Class dog over specials

• My understanding is that specials are considered as class dogs if a class dog goes over a special for either BOB or BOS. In BOB, you can count the specials of both sexes and as BOS you can count the specials of the same sex.

So if the entry is 2-1-(2-0)-0 and it takes 4 dogs for 2 points or 5 bitches for 2 points.

If the class bitch goes WB/BOW/BOB, I know she gets 1 point as BOW. But how do you count the other male specials, do you just add them to the other class dogs so that there are effectively 4 class dogs? And does the combination of the 4 dogs + 1 BOB bitch then give you 2 pts (are the dogs effectively bitches or are they still considered as dogs for points for the bitch)?

My head is spinning getting this straight. :eek:

• The count does not become 5. You have 2 class dogs for the one point. The bitch going BOB means you add the 2 male specials to the number of class males to mean the bitch defeated 4 total dogs for 2 points. So you are on the right track with regard to how it all works. Good job. And assuming it was your bitch, congrats on the 2 points.

Thc Finder

• Ruh roh. Thinking about this more I am not sure I am right. Let me check before you take it as gossipal.

Magic Flight Launch Box Review

• @sinbaje:

Ruh roh. Thinking about this more I am not sure I am right. Let me check before you take it as gossipal.

Glad I'm not the only one. 😉

• If WD was BOS it would be 2 + 2 = 4 for 2pts then WB would get 2pts going BOW/BOB. Otherwise, it is just 1 + 2 = 3 for 1 point for WB if she was BOB over WD and specials.

• @lvoss:

If WD was BOS it would be 2 + 2 = 4 for 2pts then WB would get 2pts going BOW/BOB. Otherwise, it is just 1 + 2 = 3 for 1 point for WB if she was BOB over WD and specials.

So, in the latter case, if I have this right, you ignore the class dogs, and two specials are considered effectively as bitches? And so the WB/BOB would have to have beat 4 specials, 1 + 4 = 5?

• Correct. BOB can only add the specials to the class animals of their sex.

• Thanks Lisa and Linda! This isn't a points calculation I've had to do before. And, Linda, I forgot before to say Thanks for the Congrats! But, I'll brag about that separately. 😃

• Phew. I am glad someone has their thinking cap on. Thanks for the lesson Lisa.

Risk equalization forums

Suggested Topics