Skip to content

How long time?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Spay timing?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    helle deviH
    @italeigha I've tagged this pamphlet before so you may wish to search the forum for the link which may still work. https://my.puppyculture.co.uk/resources/flipbook/spay-neuter-booklet It's full of facts and studies and Liz McCargo uses it as her reference. There's a free read-only version if you'd search: PUPPY CULTURE SPAY/NEUTER BOOKLET. Title page attached, if allowed. [image: 1640079058258-2.jpg]
  • 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    ZandeZ
    In the days before computers, I kept a book (now its all carefully entered in to special folders on the 'machine' and provides me with a complete history) - total sickness record, including jabs and innoculations (and cost of pills / treatment), of each dog. Weight at birth of puppies, ease of whelping. Onset of seasons, boys starting to react (chuddering and showing interest), date relative to onset of color of the first time the girl's tail went over. Just about every aspect of each dog is carefully logged and catalogued.
  • Going to attempt this a second time..

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    39
    0 Votes
    39 Posts
    26k Views
    Chealsie508C
    I decided not to use the plaque off..I have been brushing more but not everyday as I will going forward. I think I decided not to because last year a I expected to have his dental and sort of fix the problem that way and start good habits..then his surgery happened and really it's taken a good long while to get him back on track…I didn't want to add anything that could throw off his system.
  • Its that time of year again!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Long time no post

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    Read all the quotes and statements on Fanconi and work out how contradictory it is for yourself. I don't think many UK Basenji owners do a Fanconi 'strip monthly' and certainly some breeders do advocate no test. Are such breeders irresponsible not necessarily. A 'probable' diagnosis on any medical condition is hardly a scientic diagnosis to say the least but testing is better than not and is certainly better than doing nothing.
  • Kits: time to UK?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    lvossL
    I had my results 3 days after they recieved the kit back. But you have to check because they don't send you an email with the results.