Duna's strange color change on her tummy!!!

• So, maybe is like a rug burn, a scraping of the top layers of the skin?

• at last…hope you folks can see the pic now...

• For me, it looks like classic yeast infection….. I think that at one time or another, every dog I have had a bit of a yeast infection on the belly... (or in the case of the boys, many time on their testicles)

• A yeast infection is not caused by feeding bread and I don't think it's that kind of yeast. It's a contact type of dermatitis that is caused by some sort of germ or fungus. From what the experts here have said, it is also unrelated to the type of yeast infection women sometimes get.

• @AJs:

A yeast infection is not caused by feeding bread and I don't think it's that kind of yeast. It's a contact type of dermatitis that is caused by some sort of germ or fungus. From what the experts here have said, it is also unrelated to the type of yeast infection women sometimes get.

Yes, exactly

• Well, I thank you so much for your kind help and i apologize for my ignorance as to fungus and infections in basenjis or dogs.
    thanks again…

• No need to apologize, we are all learning about our basenjis here!

The belly could have some scratching from your wall, but I see what you mean about all the fur in that area seeming reddish rather than white. It is not an emergency, so wait till your vet is back and take her in. He may need to do a skin scraping to see what it is for sure.

• @MacPack:

No need to apologize, we are all learning about our basenjis here!

The belly could have some scratching from your wall, but I see what you mean about all the fur in that area seeming reddish rather than white. It is not an emergency, so wait till your vet is back and take her in. He may need to do a skin scraping to see what it is for sure.

Do you know what i did MacPack this afternoon..?well i scraped all the dry moss off the wall and scrubbed it till my fingers nearly dropped off. My arms are aching now;), but i'm thinking that, that moss could of stained or dyed the fur like a ladies tint…:rolleyes:so just in case..i got rid of it all.
    My vet will be back on munday..and i'll let you all know what he says.
    I can't thank-you all enough!!!!
    Kisses xxxxxx:p

• hi…it's been a long time since i last posted on this thread...
    Duna is fine...she had an irritation due to the moss as i said..and the fur did turn brownish for the tinting of the moss its self. now its all dissappeared...
    thank-you all

• Great to hear that she has healed and that you found out what the culprit was. BTW, I thought she had a very sweet looking belly!

Suggested Topics