• Bandit purrs, but has never barooed!

• We used to call it moaning and groaning, but since we now have a cat, we call it purring, too. Fits better, since Magnum appears to be purr-fectly content when he's doing it.

• First Basenji's

Cody does, but I call it his happy grumble.

• @vickilb:

Bandit purrs, but has never barooed!

Buddy has never purred but barooos really loud at people we pass out on walks and at times it has startled people. He baroooed really loud at a plummer working in a driveway yesterday. They guy jumped a little. :eek:

• Houston

Otis does this little moany thing when he settles into deep sleep…I guess that migt be like a purr..no baroos here though..well if he is happy, if he is sad (= locked up in his crate) he baroos and then all the other dogs start howling with him..like a fr--n circus, I tell ya' !!

• Eddie purrs, the other 2 do not.

• Sighhounds…wish I'd thought of that one!! Abbey doesn't purr, she just lets out this soft little "oooof" when she lies down. It is funny though about barooing. Sometimes they do it for no apparent reason. And people just stand there and stare like "did that sound come out of that animal?" We met a little boy once walking down the street with his mom and Abbey took one look at him and went "ooooooo" like you'd do if you had a whole box of Krispy Kremes and knew you could eat half of them. He thought she was about to eat him but she was just saying Look Mom there's a little boy!

• Mali does this occasionally. It's so adorable!!

• @nobarkus:

Buddy has never purred but barooos really loud at people we pass out on walks and at times it has startled people. He baroooed really loud at a plummer working in a driveway yesterday. They guy jumped a little. :eek:

So, Buddy's a practical joker, eh? 😃

• Jetta does this. I have a BC who does it too. I call it their "Comfy noise." Mostly cause it makes me feel comfy too. 😃

Suggested Topics