Skip to content

Dog Hair…..

Basenji Talk
  • After spending the last half hour or so brushing my navy blue drapes to try and scrape the beautiful, long golden hair of Gypsy out of the fabric, and knowing that in less than a week I'll be doing it again…and again....and again.....I am feeling particularly thrilled to own a Basenji also.

    I will never, ever own a long-haired dog again.

    Dog hair, ugh! :mad:
    Just had to get that out!

  • Ah yes…the wonderful world of shedding dogs! I am quite sad to be allergic to most dogs and am still sensitive to basenji dander, but boy am I happy that the dog that I LOVE doesn't shed much at all...Maybe once a year (if that) in the summer, I notice a little on my shirt, but that's it!!
    So sorry you're having to do all that brushing. I use one of those tape roller things...

  • I have those tape roller things, but they just don'twork on the drapes. I don't know what it is, but the combo of her hair texture and the fabric is awful. I can use up a whole roller of sticky-tape and not make a dent in the hair.
    I bought a rubber brush/scraper that works much better.
    Either way, it's such a pain. And the dog hair on dark clothes - ugh- for that the rollers work great.

    I love the Basenji hair, that when it does happen to stick to my clothes, just brushes right off!

  • :rolleyes: @JazzysMom:

    I have those tape roller things, but they just don'twork on the drapes. I don't know what it is, but the combo of her hair texture and the fabric is awful. I can use up a whole roller of sticky-tape and not make a dent in the hair.
    I bought a rubber brush/scraper that works much better.
    Either way, it's such a pain. And the dog hair on dark clothes - ugh- for that the rollers work great.

    I love the Basenji hair, that when it does happen to stick to my clothes, just brushes right off!

    I recommend tape. It works great! The packaging tape though..its much thicker. Just wrap it around your fingers tacky side up :rolleyes:
    It picks up so much and much cheaper than those rollers.

  • I find when the tape roller just won't cut it, a rubber glove does. those big ugly yellow ones. I get 'em at the dollar store - and just use my fingers to move the fur into a pile. works wonders on the mounds of fur my 2 cats leave on everything.

  • Yes, the tape works great, but I think I know what rubber brush you mean. My sister has a broom like that - she got it at an Equine Affair in MA one year. It works great. Gets all the hair up when she sweeps. She's got a black Aussie/Golden mix - can you say HAIR??!!! I don't think I could handle it…LOL!

Suggested Topics

  • Dogs diedfrom dog treats

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    If the dogs are having similar symptoms as in the previous years, they need to be treated ASAP! It is my understanding that many are developing the acquired Fanconi Syndrome and need to be put on the protocol. Many vets though do not have the equipment to do the venous blood gas test and get an accurate diagnosis. Emergency vets should have the equipment. Do not buy any dog treats that come from China and if the package does not state where it is from then do not buy it! Jennifer
  • Bullying dogs - dog psychology questions

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    KipawaK
    Well, the lab I mentioned (chocolate overweight one) almost took me out by slamming into my knee. I commented loudly " he better not insure my knee!" No comment from the owner. Others were keeping an eye on this over exhuberant dog too. Many peeps were standing behind a bench for protection. What really bugs me is that the park has very visible signs when you enter it that say you must have control of your dog.
  • What do you think about these dogs?

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    11k Views
    S
    Sounds like a good plan.
  • Dog Attack- What to do?

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    DiegosMomD
    Thanks for the advice everyone! Picking them up would have probably worked in this situation because the other dog was small, but i couldn't think that fast as it was happening! but carrying some kind of spray sounds like a good idea, i am going to look for that at the pet store. Thanks again!
  • Dog socialization…

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    QuercusQ
    Very nice work Basenjibratz! They look totally comfortable! And I agree that once the basenjis are used to other dogs, and have a chance to acclimate, often things go quite well. It is that initial interaction that often goes so well! You have done some great work.
  • Advice To Dogs…

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    ChaseandZahrasmomC
    @Gooby: There's also this one: When your humans take you out, poop twice. Rest assured, they only brought one bag. Oh how true …