Tally, Washington state b needs a home

• Sigh, some folks just should never have pets.
    But thanks to lists like this and education, the public is slowly learning that dogs and cats and well, any critter that is dependent on us, need to be a life long committment.
    So, lets hope one day that this is the rule..
    Update on Tally, I have a family, nice family going to look at her this weekend.
    Fingers crossed that they see her for the jewel that she is, and I can post that she has found her good home.
    Will keep you all posted.
    this is my fav part of rescue..finding a nice dog a home. Its my "drug" of choice..and if anyone wants to help BRAT or even their local humane societys, I strongly suggest it.
    Its a labor of love.

• Thank you and fingers are crossed that this is the home forever.
    Your doing a great job thanks.

Rita Jean

• Houston

Great news, Sharron. I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed that things go well for Tally this weekend.

• First Basenji's

Yay! That's great! I really hope everything works out!!!

My grandmother's neighbor is another one of "those" people. She has quite a few dogs and cats that she doesn't keep fenced or tied up; she just lets them wander the neighborhood. Since she doesn't seem to care for them, a few of my aunts and cousins have taken in some of her "pets" that have been injured. She gets angry, but refuses to keep her animals safe. I just want to shake some sense into her.

• I just dont understand people. How can you have and animal and not love it. Or treat any animal like it isnt a living breathing creature with feelings. I have raised my share of dumped animals. From kittens that were dumped on the side of the road eyes still shut to baby sparrows thrown from a upstairs window because its mother nested in their air conditioner. The cat I have now was dumped in the desert he is almost 17 years old and the sweetest creature alive. It amazes me yet!!!!

• I so wish I could take her.

• Tally is still looking for a home. I am just surprised that she didn't go quickly, as she is so darn sweet…but we do have some good ap's in..so fingers crossed, she will soon have her new place to be...

• Sharron - Tally is a doll, a little too chubby or not. She looks like my Cami. I hope someone adopts her, soon.

Reading this thread about people giving up dogs is so upsetting!

There is a woman on my road who adopts animals and never ever looks into the future. She thinks nothing of re-homing rescue dogs because of STUPID reasons. I try not to talk to the woman - :mad: - for her own protection!!!

A couple months ago, the neighbor woman applied with a cat rescue group to adopt a beautiful cat whose master had passed away. The cat is a special breed. When I heard about it, I contacted Whiskers Project in Atlanta and gave them an ear full. The woman was not allowed to adopt the cat. Whew. I honestly felt guilty calling the rescue group and interferring, but not now. Since then, the woman has decided to place her home on the market and wants to move into a condo that doesn't allow animals. Grrrrr.

I might add that the woman owns a dog that is a rescue and won't rehome well. Also, after the woman was turned down by Whiskers Project, she adopted an abandoned kitty at her vet's office. Where will these animals go when her house sells?? Very very disturbing.

• This is wrong!!!!!!!!
    But we can only change what we can in this life.
    I do believe that anyone who does animals like this, will be judged harshly in the next life.
    But oh, those poor dogs.

• First Basenji's

I just saw that Tally is pending! Yay! I hope everything works out.

• Houston

I saw that too, earlier this morning when I did my rounds on BRAT..bad vice I have.
    I hope she gets her very deserving forever home soon.

• I am driving her to Eastern Wa where we will meet up with her new mom…and the home is "golden"...as Tally is such a good girl, it should be a match made in heaven.
    If I get some photos, I will post them.

• Houston

Sharron, once again you are an angel..

• That is great news a home of her own. Tally is pretty so kind of you to take Tally to her new home. Please tell her new home thank you.

Rita Jean

• Angel? Me? Oh, no…the folks who open their homes and hearts to dogs in need are the ones I admire.
    I am just doing rescue, because it makes me feel good!

• True folks open there homes and hearts but you do to Sharon. Were would our rescue's be without you???

Rita Jean

• Rita Jean, its so hard to explain, but for me, to be thanked for doing something I really WANT to do, that helps dogs, and makes me feel so good, when it works, seems like I am really greedy! laugh. Took me many years to find something I can do that helps dogs and humans. So,, really for me, its a labor of love..

• I love dog's I have had and been around dog's all my life. Granny use to say that grand dad and I loved our dog's more than her. We had a Irish setter (Cindy) she would ride in back of pickup but she would get on tool box and jump at tree limbs got thowed out one day. Grand dad apply brakes like there was no new day like to threw granny threw glass. She told him I knew it told you all long you loved your dog more then me. Today it's funny and well it was funny back then when it was over. Cindy never got to ride in back again she rode up front with me and grand dad and granny talk about no room.

Rita Jean

• First Basenji's

I have to agree, Sharron, you really are such an amazing person to do what you do, as is everyone that helps in rescue, on all levels.

• Houston

I understand what you are saying Sharron, I too get huge enjoyment in fostering and helping the ones who can't speak, out. But I still think people like you and other fosters are angels in their own right.

Suggested Topics