Looking to trace Roxy's background - Basenji x Border Collie

• Hello all,

I made my way here in the hope of finding out where my Basenji x BC exactly came from and, if possible, would love to try and trace some of her littermates if there are any, that is. I know it's a bit much to ask, though, any information I do find would be very helpful.

She's around 8 1/2 years old and apparently came from Dumfries, southern Scotland, UK, after an 'accidental' mating. Her mother is supposedly a tri colour Basenji and the father a BC.

Now, I'm not sure but as far as I'm aware the litter was handed in to the local rescue centre in Dumfries, how Roxy ended up on the west coast of Scotland I don't know.

After speaking to a couple of members on here at the SKC show on Sunday, they were able to tell me Roxy is one of Sandy's litter. (I have no idea whether you meant the dog's name was Sandy or the owners!).

Any more information at all would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. πŸ™‚

• Presumably nobody knows any more information other than what I'm already aware of? πŸ˜•

• Hi Nicola,

Can't be of much help myself but maybe someone might know something.

• Hi Nicola. I think Roxy's mother may be from Zande Basenjis?? Sally Wallis is the breeder. I'm not 100% sure but I do know that Sally bred a tri bitch which went the the dumfries area. Sally is on this forum her forum name is Zande. Maybe she will be able to help.
    Vicki

• @basi:

Hi Nicola,

Can't be of much help myself but maybe someone might know something.

No problem, Jenny. Thanks.

@Benkura:

Hi Nicola. I think Roxy's mother may be from Zande Basenjis?? Sally Wallis is the breeder. I'm not 100% sure but I do know that Sally bred a tri bitch which went the the dumfries area. Sally is on this forum her forum name is Zande. Maybe she will be able to help.
    Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for this info, I've posted Sally a message to see if she can help me. Fingers crossed!

ETA: On Sunday I thought you said 'Sandy'!

• @Nicola:

No problem, Jenny. Thanks.

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for this info, I've posted Sally a message to see if she can help me. Fingers crossed!

ETA: On Sunday I thought you said 'Sandy'!

Ahh Sally that would explain it then. Hope you can find out more info about Roxy.

• Actually, the more I think about it, I think it was a dog not a bitch of Sally's that was in Dumfries. Either way, Sally is a font of knowledge and her pedigree database is amazing. If you visit her website you can find out all sorts of stuff about Bs etc. πŸ™‚ www.zandebasenjis.com

• @Benkura:

Actually, the more I think about it, I think it was a dog not a bitch of Sally's that was in Dumfries. Either way, Sally is a font of knowledge and her pedigree database is amazing. If you visit her website you can find out all sorts of stuff about Bs etc. πŸ™‚ www.zandebasenjis.com

Ah, thanks for that!

I've told Roxy that her mum's a Basenji, and now it seems she was a BC. Poor Roxy! She'll be confused now! πŸ˜ƒ

Suggested Topics