• Houston

Dan, that video was unreal..I am showing it to Otis if he doesn't shape up..although he has ben good today, only got a hold of some radishes..and they are fatfree, so no worries there.

• @Basenjimamma:

Dan, that video was unreal..I am showing it to Otis if he doesn't shape up..although he has ben good today, only got a hold of some radishes..and they are fatfree, so no worries there.

A radish? LOL!! All joking aside, Otis looks really good! I've run into a number of fat Basenjis over the years and I would always think "what is wrong with this owner"?! Do they have vision problems? đŸ˜• I'm not talking border line a little over weight but blatant huge!

• Houston

Well thank you Dan. I think he has grown up to a nice young man..he does have some food issues, but that is Ok, we are working on them, and hey radishes are ok right? He loves'em and carrots too.
    Our Westie was very over weight, but it had to do with his cortisone shots for allergies, he lived a happy life though and passed the rainbow bridge this past march..we are hoping to see him again one day..

• @Basenjimamma:

Well thank you Dan. I think he has grown up to a nice young man..he does have some food issues, but that is Ok, we are working on them, and hey radishes are ok right? He loves'em and carrots too.
    Our Westie was very over weight, but it had to do with his cortisone shots for allergies, he lived a happy life though and passed the rainbow bridge this past march..we are hoping to see him again one day..

Wow, he likes radishes? Drugs can do that. Maybe those fat Bs were on something. I'm sorry Petra to hear of your loss. I'm sure he had a very happy life! In the last 2 years I lost 2 Basenjis and a cat. Everybody got old at the same time. Buddy's refreshing my memory of what Basenji puppies do. :eek: Actually he's pretty good, just got to keep a very close eye on him. He ate Goose poop this morning on a walk out by SF Bay.

• Houston

I know you are right, it is hard to loose them when their time comes. We actuially lost Bogus, our westie march 24th and then our dalmation/chow/lab mutt, Lou on april 24th..so hard to see our beloved pets of 12+ years go so close to eachother..at least they are together, right?
    I am sorry about your loss as well..it never does get any easier.

Goose poop, yumm-o. Otis loves chicken poop..his stomach..not so much, but his mouth yeah..

• @Basenjimamma:

I know you are right, it is hard to loose them when their time comes. We actuially lost Bogus, our westie march 24th and then our dalmation/chow/lab mutt, Lou on april 24th..so hard to see our beloved pets of 12+ years go so close to eachother..at least they are together, right?
    I am sorry about your loss as well..it never does get any easier.

Goose poop, yumm-o. Otis loves chicken poop..his stomach..not so much, but his mouth yeah..

Actually geese are a problem here and make big messes in the parks so the cities pay this guy to go around all day with his dogs to chase them off.

• Houston

We have a few people in the neighborhood behind ours that have geese as guard birds, and they are very effective and loud..
    What a job..walking around making sure geese don't bother anybody..hmm.

• @Basenjimamma:

We have a few people in the neighborhood behind ours that have geese as guard birds, and they are very effective and loud..
    What a job..walking around making sure geese don't bother anybody..hmm.

The geese don't bother anybody, it's the poop messes they make all over the place.

• Otis has grown a small amount. Very good looking. Food from the kitchen that is also Jaycee. We have all had to learn to put everything way back on the counter and nothing on table. Life is different but good.

Rita Jean

• Houston

I just weighed Otis, and this is after he ate breakfast..he now weighs 23.8lbs, and is looking trimmer for sure. His ribs are definitely right under the surface now, as supposed to a little squishy..the no-bacon, no-butter, no-cinnamon roll diet worked..He did however, with some help from our dachshund, Gus, get a hold of one of our roosters, Elmer, and hurt him bad..we had to put poor Elmer down. Now we have reinforced the fence, on the chicken side, so they can't get over and be a treat for the dogs..Boy was he remorseful after that ordeal..or at least that is how he came across.
    Thanks all for helping me with your inputs, much appreciated..

Suggested Topics