• http://greensboro.craigslist.org/pet/1283572918.html

Interesting she says both are Tri colored… Looks to me like on is Black & White

• @tanza:

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/pet/1283572918.html

Interesting she says both are Tri colored… Looks to me like on is Black & White

Yes, 1 is bw.

• Maybe I need new contacts but look black and white to me. I wonder why she is getting (rid) of all three. It might be hard to find a home that takes all three. With pens behind her outside I wonder if that is were they have been staying?

Rita Jean

• I suppose it could be a heavily striped trindle that appears black and white.

• Houston

They look so scared…mean camera..but definitely either really dark tri-ndle or black and white..on my screen, but I do know computer screens can distort colors...LOL. Yes, several different kennels in the background..BYB??

• You know on a real close look it may be a tri. Look on the right side of the face it looks like they're may be some tan. It's not a clear picture. Looks like her yard has a lot of dog runs or pens with all that chain link fencing.

• Can someone suggest BRAT to her? I am not tech savy enough to know how….

• Ok my bad all you have to do is click the email. Does this mean they are for sale or for free? I am not sure what Craigslist is…. sorry. 🙂

• @lvoss:

I suppose it could be a heavily striped trindle that appears black and white.

I think it is a trindle because on my computer I can see trindle colouring on the face - near the snout and above the eyes.

• I posted to her asking if they would turn them over to rescue, or if they were sale.
    Will let you know if she I get a response.

• Not sure but I think the one I found on craiglist on 07.01.09 is the same. Could this be she was breeding. Ad said 2 females 1 black and tan other black and red brindle. 1 male red and 1 female brindle they are 2 years old. Small rehoming fee to good home. Not sure same lady but under craiglist in greensboro.

Rita Jean

• Here is what I recieved.........
    Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:21 PM
    To: Sharron Hurlbut
    Subject: Re: barless dogs ( basenjis) (pets)
    no rescue they just want to make money
    dont bother to email me about not making monehy thats all you would do on my dogs I will find them a home myself
    --- On Thu, 7/23/09, Sharron Hurlbut

• Seems she wants to do it herself..sigh..we will see these dogs, probably intact in rescue or their pups with more issues then than have now.
    Sigh.
    Course she couldn't spell barkless correctly….

• No surprise here Sharron…....

• Yes, Pat, your right..I was just hoping these dogs would have a better life, if she had an idea where they could be headed…and what could happen to the puppies they have.
    I am pretty sure they are intact...sigh.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Yes, Pat, your right..I was just hoping these dogs would have a better life, if she had an idea where they could be headed…and what could happen to the puppies they have.
    I am pretty sure they are intact...sigh.

And not only that… I am sure they are not DNA tested for Fanconi

• Sigh, I didn't even think of that test..I was down to the basics, they are intact and going who knows where???
    Sigh. Poor dogs, poor puppies.

• Houston

That breaks my heart. Hopefully she will find good homes and those peeps will have the pups fixed, that way at least the cycle is broken..of course we still don't have potential healthproblems solved..

• First Basenji's

I'm 99% sure that is the same woman I got Cody from. She was giving away the older Bs and selling the puppies. If so, she was keeping them outside. Cody was in horrible condition when I got him. His coat was coarse, ears black, he was underweight, had lots of little cuts/bites, and had been kept in a kennel with a few other males. He also had a rib bone that had been broken and healed on it's own, so it looks like he has a bump on his side where it sticks out a bit, but that probably happened before she got them. After seeing the condition Cody and Remi were in a few months ago, I feel so bad for the others. Remi, the puppy that my friend bought from her (for $100) when she got Cody for me, had ear mites, and they both had some kind of intestinal parasite, but besides that mentioned, they both seem to be in good health. I'm getting Cody tested for Thyroid and Fanconi soon.

From what she said, they were dropped off with her by someone else, but she couldn't handle them. Apparently, she breed lots of dogs (I know she had greyhounds and chihuahuas, as well as others). She wouldn't actually let us pick them up from her house, we had to meet her at a Walmart in Virginia, where she actually lives. When I talked to her, she had 2 three year old females, Cody, and quite a few puppies, so she has rehomed of quite a few of them. The pups are actually about 6 months old, becuse she told us Remi was abuot 6 or 7 months, but he was only 4 months old. None of the Bs have had any health tests and are all intact. She said that if we hadn't contacted her in one month to let her know that they had been 'fixed', she would come and pick them up, but I haven't heard anything from her since getting him. I was under the impression that she was going to take the older Bs to a shelter if she couldn't get rid of them.

• Houston

Crystal, That is horrible. I can not believe somebody treats animlas like that…yet I can because we see it daily, in the news, in shelters and on the internet..inexcusable..

Suggested Topics