Skip to content

Fanconi test results

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Fanconi Re-Test results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    54
    0 Votes
    54 Posts
    29k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I have to order mine today, been swamped getting my daughter visa stuff (she is going to study in France next semester then spend summer there).
  • Test Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    22k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Kathy, I sure didn't mean to indicate it isn't a godsend or fantastic! Of course it is. I just meant… well as the Arabs say, Trust in G-d but tie your camel. Get the testing, use it to help guide breeding, retest if necessary, but keep doing the strip test. It's an easy if annoying process that protects your dog against testing errors or human errors.
  • Fanconi Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    P
    congratulation kathy. that's really great to hear. i hope my boy will be clear too!!. by the way how idi you get his ggg grandpa's resault last time i talked to u??>
  • Fanconi Linkage Test Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    @LiveWWSD: Yea, she has quite a bit of African in her Dam's bloodline. Her mother and most of her siblings all test indetermint. I was totally prepaired for the indetermint result, as that seems to be the standard test result for alot of her breeders bloodline. To date none of the Avongara Dogs have had Fanconi and only when crossed with American (include really worldwide Basenjis) has Fanconi cropped up. However there has been ISPID, hips, eye problems with the Avongara imports. Remember that in Africa, there is nature selective breeding for the most part and also remember that you need the gene from both side for Fanconi as it is recessive. If nature selection, could be that if affected they would have died before reproducing.
  • Fanconi Test Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    That is great news!!! I'm happy for you & the entire clan :)
  • Fanconi Test Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Well then Diana-guess I really like you too!! HAHAHAAHAHA