• Hi all, I posted about this little guy in a shelter in MO:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis…petid=14005610

After being persistent and calling them 3232523 times, I was able to speak with someone who said that 1. I am totally eligible to adopt even though I'm so far out of state and 2. They'll e-mail me an adoption application and we'll go from there.

Nano is about a year old they think: (everyone there thinks he's very young because he hasn't been neutered yet and still shows signs of puppyhood)and has been there for quite sometime; he was turned in early June by a man who said he "found him as a stray" but the shelter personnel have reason to believe it was actually the man's dog. He didn't want to give any personal contact information and he looked as though he had been crying…so they think the man had to surrender him but didn't want to give the details.

He doesn't show any health concerns as of yet, his dew claws are removed, and they say he's well behaved. He's a handsome little guy. His adoption fee is $125, (which will be tough for me seeing as Shango just had all of his vet updates, no light bill at the vet's office :-() But I'm hoping Shango and I will be able to give him a nice home.

I've contact BRAT, too, in terms of having someone meet the little guy before hand and getting details for me and to organize a possible transport system as Union, MO is 6 hours from me.

Just wanted to update you all! More to come!

• way to go!!! it is SOOO HARD to see any of them on line and needing a home and not calling to adopt them ALL. 🙂
    but 2 is GREAT!

• Andrew thats so awesome!!! Good luck and many happy thoughts coming your way. I hope it all goes down well.

• Great news!
    Andrew, I'm driving 8-9 hours from GA on Sunday to St. Louis to pick up my new boy on Monday. Take a ride and visit the Basenji you want to adopt. It's worth it!

My little guy is in a foster home in MN. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14003075

I'm taking my old Eski along with me, as he loves to travel, and he should meet the new family member before the others.

• @Vicki:

Great news!
    Andrew, I'm driving 8-9 hours from GA on Sunday to St. Louis to pick up my new boy on Monday. Take a ride and visit the Basenji you want to adopt. It's worth it!

My little guy is in a foster home in MN. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14003075

I'm taking my old Eski along with me, as he loves to travel, and he should meet the new family member before the others.

Awh, good luck with him! St. Louis is only an hour from Union, where Nano is. Maybe you should stop and visit him, say hello and tell him help is on the way! 😉

• @AndrewnShango:

Awh, good luck with him! St. Louis is only an hour from Union, where Nano is. Maybe you should stop and visit him, say hello and tell him help is on the way! 😉

Is Nano in a foster home or at the shelter? See what you can find out.

I'll see what my time schedule allows on Monday.
    I checked mapquest when you first posted info about Nano to see how far it is from St. Louis. I'm not staying in St. Louis, but in a little town an hour east called Nashville, IL. Best home made milkshakes in the country are made at the Nashville Cafe!!!

BTW, the adoption fee is very reasonable.

• How great that you are going to give this pup a new home! (if all goes well :)) I hope he and Shango are going to make a great pair 😃

• @Vicki:

Is Nano in a foster home or at the shelter? See what you can find out.

I'll see what my time schedule allows on Monday.
    I checked mapquest when you first posted info about Nano to see how far it is from St. Louis. I'm not staying in St. Louis, but in a little town an hour east called Nashville, IL. Best home made milkshakes in the country are made at the Nashville Cafe!!!

BTW, the adoption fee is very reasonable.

I understand, it's a totally reasonable adoption fee. Things are tight now though because I just brought Shango to the vet and it was pretty expensive.

Anyway, Nano is in a humane society so the sooner we give him a home, the better!

• Houston

Oh I am so keeping my fingers crossed this will go your way…

Suggested Topics