Skip to content

Persistent pupillary membranes (PPM)

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    26k Views
    N
    @Saving Thanks so much for the information! I am researching further and continuing with her rehab exercises as best I can. Glad you recovered from your spinal injuries.
  • Weight issue

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @Rebel - Full blood workup including full Thyroid panel (full panel no just what the normal vet workup that is not a full thyroid panel)... as they say make sure that he is in good health. Also what are you feeding him? How much total are you feeding a day? Also with reducing food, add veggies to his food to fill his belly... green beans are good to use... I use Cauliflower and Broccoli... Note also that low normal is typically too low for Basenjis.
  • Not Interested In Eating His Food!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    32
    1 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    KebasmomK
    @Mmasco If you are still here will you please update me on your pup? I'm interested because I have two of Rocket Man's litter mates.
  • Severe PPM

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    S
    One of my Basenjis has always had issues with vomiting and seems sensitive to food coloring and food with beef in it. You might need to play with his food some to see if it is better, assuming the vet doesn't find an obstruction. We also find that feeding them twice a day helped mine keep her food down.
  • Another PPM question from Saba…

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    sabaS
    Oooooooooops… That does ring a bell, I will check and get back to you :o:o
  • Persistent Pupillary Membranes (PPM)

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    lvossL
    The basenji health page on the BCOA site give a very nice general description. http://www.basenji.org/PUBLIC/HealthInfo.htm Since PPM never gets worse and can get better with age, if after the puppy has been examined by a vet opthamologist there is no vision impairment then you won't have to worry about it getting worse.