Skip to content

For Maya (and the rest of course..)

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Coursing Trials

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    5 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    PawlaP
    I used to have a basenji who would chase a plastic bag I tied to a "wand" around the yard. He seemed really in to the "bunny" so I took him to a couple of lure coursing events in central FL. It was wonderful to see the dogs running and so hard to hold my boy back from joining them. At the end of the day, we were able to do a straight out and back run to see how he would do, and he was great. Not long after, 2 guys that I placed a basenji with rigged up a reversing motor and set up a very small "lure course" in their back yard! There were about 12 of us there with basenjis and we let them chase the bunny one or two at a time. It was great fun. You do have to be careful not to run them too young, or too hard without conditioning. My current basenji gets to run like crazy at the dog park (it's huge and everyone is very impressed at his speed and agility) and at the baseball field (when it's not locked up). Slents: I loved your video! Thanks for posting it. I hope you eventually get to attend a lure coursing event in person - it really is something to see!
  • Maya and Co.

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    MothM
    Sweet pictures :)
  • Maya and her Baby

    Show Off Your Dog
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    P
    I love the pictures of Maya and her 'baby'. Much better than a stuffed toy!
  • Maya at WKC

    Show Off Your Dog
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    MayaM
    Thanks all :D Janneke - yes, i dont like her markings so much on the other side lol Makes her shoulder look funny!
  • Maya Standing…

    Show Off Your Dog
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    11k Views
    K
    @Maya: Ooooooh, Tootsie i love!! Me too! Isn't she such a doll? :) Sue knows how much I want a little Tootsie diva too. And I'd have her if I didn't have such issues with my job and home life. I hope these next couple generations keep the same essence. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. In the meantime I miss my Toots snuggles, and was gonna go down and visit the babies. But I just didn't find the right time, so had to settle for pictures. lol
  • More Maya

    Show Off Your Dog
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    16k Views
    BarklessdogB
    Sweet Dog!