Skip to content

New basenji owner in WA

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji Owners

    Member Introductions
    3
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    ZandeZ
    Welcome aboard, but do share his registered name ? Who are Dad and Mom and what was his date of birth so we can be sure to add him to the Basenji pedigree on-line database (with a photo ???) for the world to share him. http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/
  • New basenji owner!!

    Member Introductions
    13
    4 Votes
    13 Posts
    16k Views
    S
    @mvdperez Thank you! She truly has been such a great addition to our family :)
  • New Basenji(?) Owner, New to Forum

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    ?
    Hi, I'm no good at guessing mixes, wonderful that you saved her from a shelter and she is cute, welcome. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • New member, new basenji owner as of yesterday!

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    lvossL
    Most people incorrectly use the terms dominant and dominance with regard to dogs. Here is a good blog post by Dr. Sophia Yin on the topic. http://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/dominance_in_dogs_is_not_a_personality_trait
  • New Basenji owner in Iowa

    Member Introductions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    @annyaa: um not that I know of, what is it exactly. And I will contact the breeder tonight and ask her. Please go to www.basenjihealth.org This is very, very important, especially if you have been following the thread of Isis that was just sent over the rainbow bridge from Fanconi… please seach the boards about Fanconi and testing
  • New Basenji owner in Oregon!

    Member Introductions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    luzmery928L
    I didn't know much about B's when I met Champ but to say that what characteristics B's share is "special needs" is plain idiotic. I consider it a blessing to have familiarized (and still learing) with this wonderful breed. It has made me realize that all dogs are not the same and it's important to learn as much about what makes them individuals as possible. I'm glad Raleigh found you and is now able to express himself freely without being labeled "special needs."