• Welcome (from Minnesota). While training her yourself at home is fine, the classroom type training also helps socialize her to other dogs and people. So I'd look into doing both. She is very cute BTW.

• Puppy classes are fun, and great for socialization as well as some basics. Congratulations on your bundle of joy (or "walking teeth" as a friend called her pup).

• Welcome, can I ask where you got her from…
    I have to agree that a gentle puppy class with her will help you both learn to bond.

• We got her from a breeder in souix city, Iowa. We chose her because at birth her mom bit her tail off, we decided that gave her character.

• Awwww, poor little babe. Glad she found you.

• Welcome to you and Chaos. You are in for a wonderful decade or two….

• @annyaa:

We got her from a breeder in souix city, Iowa. We chose her because at birth her mom bit her tail off, we decided that gave her character.

Don't remember if you said or not, was she or her sire/dam DNA tested for Fanconi?

• um not that I know of, what is it exactly. And I will contact the breeder tonight and ask her.

• Welcome annyaa and Chaos. Hope your little girl lives up to all your expectations.

Don't ever forget, there's a reason they call them 'bitches' and always remember to bring your sense of humor into every interaction.

Again, welcome.

• @annyaa:

um not that I know of, what is it exactly. And I will contact the breeder tonight and ask her.

Please go to www.basenjihealth.org

This is very, very important, especially if you have been following the thread of Isis that was just sent over the rainbow bridge from Fanconi… please seach the boards about Fanconi and testing

Suggested Topics