• Im not sure if this is the right place for this but i am pretty upset and need to voice my opinion. I have been talking to this breeder, sent her a deposit for a puppy, and we were suppose to go this saturday and pick her up. And then the breeder emails me today and say she accepted a paypal payment for the pup and sold her to someone else. I am so upset we were all so excited to get this puppy and she just up and sells her to someone else. I mean we have sent nummorous emails back and forth and she new how much we wanted this puppy. I just cant beleive a so callled profecional would do this. Have you ever seen this done before??:mad:

• There are breeders, than there are folks who are "breeders" who don't deal with humans or dogs properly.
    Is this breeder a BCOA member?
    Do they health test the dogs/pups they sell.
    If not, maybe you were lucky and won't end up with a fanconis b!

• She is a BOCA member, and all her dogs are fanconi tested. I actually found her website on the BOCA websight. she said the parents were clear and the pups were gauranteed not to get fanconi.

• If the breeder is in Michigan, I doubt I know her.
    Are the fanconis test posted on the official site?

• @simba's_mom:

Im not sure if this is the right place for this but i am pretty upset and need to voice my opinion. I have been talking to this breeder, sent her a deposit for a puppy, and we were suppose to go this saturday and pick her up. And then the breeder emails me today and say she accepted a paypal payment for the pup and sold her to someone else. I am so upset we were all so excited to get this puppy and she just up and sells her to someone else. I mean we have sent nummorous emails back and forth and she new how much we wanted this puppy. I just cant beleive a so callled profecional would do this. Have you ever seen this done before??:mad:

I have not… would you want to "share" who the breeder is? It doesn't sound really reasonable that they up and sold her to someone that pay with paypal... and to be really honest... I don't know of any really responsible breeders that take credit cards or paypal

• There are only 4 breeders listed in the Basenji Club of America breeder directory and only 1 that I know and she did not have puppies this year.

Had you been visiting the litter all this time? Was it just that the pup you thought was yours went to someone else higher on the waiting list or was this person someone completely different. Sometimes, when it comes to matching puppies to homes, it can end up that a person higher on the list is the best match for a certain puppy.

• Im sorry i didnt say before, this was not a breeder from michigan but from indiana. Mariah Akitas & Basenjis. she had two pups a male and female born dec. 9.

• Reading this person's website, your deposit should have garunteed your puppy. Have they refunded your deposit? Other than getting your deposit back, I am not sure there is anything else you could do.

It is not common practice and not how a responsible breeder treats their puppy people.

• I find it interesting on their website that they have for Tinder… PRA Clear... there is no DNA test for PRA, so clear is only as of the day the eye exam was done....

And as I and lvoss said this is not how responsible breeders treat their puppy people

• Make sure you post a review on her PuppyFind.com ad.
    Let it be known that this is something she has done.
    I am sure your children are greatly disappointed.
    But, this let's you in on her ethics.

Quite frankly, I could CARE LESS if someone [even someone looking for a show/breeding prospect] wanted one of my puppies when ?I had already taken other reservations/deposits.
    With a deposit comes a puppy. This year I did not end up with a tri, so I referred the puppy owners to Debbi Hauri [it took me two solid weeks of daily calls and emails to find an available tri puppy!] because she had tris and that was what they wanted. They also got their deposit back.

Some people think that a 'show home' should come first.
    But my philosphy is that if they wanted a nice show dog bad eough, they would have been better prepared and contacted me much earlier.
    Loving companion/pet homes are what make it possible for me to breed and put occasional puppies in great show homes.

Sorry this happened to you. Go hrough the directory, read websites, ASK FOR REFERRALS. If you do not mind getting a dog from far away, look throughout the US.
    I have not heard of any spring litters other than the ones that we bred. I doubt anyone has any fall puppies left at this point. It is either time for you to look at spring puppies, or wait til fall again.

Best of luck to you!

• I agree with the others that this is not a common practice among BCOA breeders. I am sorry that this happened to you and yes, you should get your deposit back.

Suggested Topics