So what did your Basenji eat today?

• Haha. Such a fun breed 🙂 See, if you owned a typical breed what ever would you have to talk about over dinner?

• This is why I take my B's collar off when he's inside. I'm too afraid that he'll try to do this.

I'm glad Roo is ok though. Hopefully he recovers just fine.

• I'm sorry, I know Roo could've gotten very sick, but I found mysellf literally "LOL" during this part:

…except for his rabies tag and the metal parts which he was chasing around the bathroom floor when we came in...

I'm really glad he's okay…and thanks for the laugh

• I liked this quote:
    Of course we do not know if a recovered collar from the digestive system of a dog is excluded from that warranty.

Glad Roo is OK! we have had things come back up several days afterh ingestion, though the dog had been eating and eliminating just fine. they have an amazing system!

• My friend used to report her dog excreting poops with googley eyes…. lol.

• OMG…I'm literally LOL about the warranty thing too. Please tell me you WILL share this story with the manufacturer and inquire about the warrant. I'd love to hear their response.

Hope Roo is feeling OK.

• I once sent a large mailing envelope full of destroyed Lupine collars back to them. I also included a picture of the dog and a letter from her. I soon received an envelope full of replacement collars. Their customer service is great.

• @Tayda_Lenny:

My friend used to report her dog excreting poops with googley eyes…. lol.

Scary!!! 😉

• how weird. Nemo tried to eat off his martingale collar today. He only wears it when his leash is on. Luckily it is still usable.

Glad to hear Roo is well.

• @Nemo:

how weird. Nemo tried to eat off his martingale collar today. He only wears it when his leash is on. Luckily it is still usable.

Glad to hear Roo is well.

Thanks Nemo,

We strongly suspect that the Vet or Vet Tech loosened his collar when they took it off before his Neuter. When the Vet Tech put his collar back on him, they neglected to check it for proper fit and we never thought about the possiblity that hit had been loosed, so we did not bother checking the fit.

We bought Roo a new Red Martingale Collar the other day and I made sure it properly adjusted. I can just get about 2 fingers inside it. It does not hang down where the leash connects so we do not see anyway he can get any part of the collar in his mouth or lower Jaw. We have been watching him the last few days and we now believe it is a non-issue.

What we did learn is that when we do take him to the Vet, we need to make sure his collar is properly adjusted when we pick him up. I am sure we would be much safer taking his collar off when we are home, but from what I see if the Martingale Collar is adjusted properly it's no longer a problem or concern.

So we will chalk this experience up to owner error. Most likely it was mine for overlooking and not checking the collar after we picked Roo up from the Vet.

Jason

Suggested Topics