• Welcome sounds like you have a typical B!

• Welcome to the forums! I wish I still lived there!! I grew up in Roswell and got my B when I was in school at UGA. Hopefully you'll be able to find a good meet up group! 🙂

• Welcome to our pack. Post some pictures when you get a chance. We love drooling over basenji pictures.

• Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to the forum! We would love to meet you sometime! Liz and I are mommies to a 5 year old brindle girl "Zip" and a 13 month old tri-colored boy "Riley". We live in Marietta. We can be found a couple times a week at Lewis Park, which is a couple miles from the 120 loop.

We are taking ours ASFA lure coursing next weekend if you want to stop by. It's in Cartersville, not too far. If you haven't seen lure coursing before it is quite a sight. You can read about it here:

www.asfa.org

Liz, Carrie and I will all be there on Saturday and then just Liz and I on Sunday. We will be running three basenjis both days. There will probably be a ton of whippets, borzoi, ibizan and pharoah hounds running also.

• Hello and welcome to the forum!

• Hi Cheryl! I in Austell which is not that far from you. I may be at the lure coursing event next weekend too with some of my dogs. It would be nice to meet you in person. 🙂

By the way, there is a 12 year old brindle male Basenji that is lost in Woodstock right now so if you see him or hear of him let me know at yodeldogs at aol dot com and I will get you in touch with his owner.

• Welcome Cheryl. I hope you soon meet up with some of the folks here.

BTW, how did a Georgia gal end up with a pup named after a MLB park in Boston?

• Nikki and Robyn - Thanks for the invitations to come out to the lure coursing event this weekend. If the weather is as nice as predicted on Sunday I will plan to come check it out.

In answer to the question about my dog's name, when he came to me from the foster family his name was Fatamoose and I didn't think I could live with that name but didn't want to make too drastic of a change. So I started googling for ideas for names that started with the letter F but maybe had some relationship to his color, red, and naturally came across Fenway Park. And since my son played baseball for many years and has always wanted to see a game there I thought it was appropriate. I usually just shorten it to Fen.
    Cheryl

• Hello and welcome to the forums. I live on the same coast, but way far north… I enjoy talking to people from all around the world with Basenjis! I love the name Fenway, it is so cute and such a neat story behind it. I just can't wait to see pictures of your little one!!!:D BTW cheers to you for adopting a BRAT!

• Welcome to the fourm! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you!

Suggested Topics