• Yes please keep us posted… (sending basenji hugs your way).

• Sending good vibes your way – one of my previous beasties had a sneezing problem for a couple of days and I discovered he had inhaled some fibers from a rug he had torn to shreds. I only discovered it by accident when I noticed a weird looking snot in his nose. Did your vet actually look in his nostrels?

• I really really appreciate all of the advice, good wishes, hugs, thoughts & prayers. Every time I think about him suffering, I just want to cry.
    I will definitely discuss the blood panel & thyroid panel with the vet when I talk with her in the morning.
    Robyn, she probed his teeth, and x-rayed his nasal passages to make sure there wasn't a tumor in there. I'm assuming the sinuses were on the x-ray (not really sure where the sinuses are located??).
    As far as allergies… We did get a dryer around the same time the sneezing started, and we were thinking he might be allergic to dryer sheets (which he has never been exposed to before). I asked the vet, and she doesn't think its an environmental trigger. I have stopped using the dryer sheets, but it will be a while before I feel I've cleared the house of any and all residue (clean AND dirty clothes re-washed.)
    I'm supposed to call the doctor tomorrow, so I will bring up the blood panel & thyroid panel & see what she says.
    And thank you again.... the support here means so much to us!

• Good luck! I think I'd be pulling my hair out by now.

• @Andrew:

I really really appreciate all of the advice, good wishes, hugs, thoughts & prayers. Every time I think about him suffering, I just want to cry.
    I will definitely discuss the blood panel & thyroid panel with the vet when I talk with her in the morning.
    Robyn, she probed his teeth, and x-rayed his nasal passages to make sure there wasn't a tumor in there. I'm assuming the sinuses were on the x-ray (not really sure where the sinuses are located??).
    As far as allergies… We did get a dryer around the same time the sneezing started, and we were thinking he might be allergic to dryer sheets (which he has never been exposed to before). I asked the vet, and she doesn't think its an environmental trigger. I have stopped using the dryer sheets, but it will be a while before I feel I've cleared the house of any and all residue (clean AND dirty clothes re-washed.)
    I'm supposed to call the doctor tomorrow, so I will bring up the blood panel & thyroid panel & see what she says.
    And thank you again.... the support here means so much to us!

Just a thought, if a full thyroid panel was done, you could ask Dr. Dodds to take a look at it? I always get copies of blood work from my Vets to put in my records. You never know in the case of emerency you might need it.

• Hugs to you and Booger and that you'll get to the bottom of the mystery… Pls. keep us posted...

• So maybe its all of the well wishes & good vibes & prayers everybody's sending out, but the last few days have shown a steady improvement in Booger. I have not yet had a chance to speak with the doctor as we keep missing one another's calls. We ended the full week of antibiotics Thursday night, and I stopped using fabric softener sheets about a week ago. I rewashed my bedding without fabric softener. Saturday Booger was pretty much his recent usual self, sleeping & sneezing. Yesterday, however, Booger seemed a bit better. He was a little perkier than he's recently been. Today, Booger is almost his old self. He is still a bit snotty & tired, but he chased the cat some, played with Lola a bit, paced around out of boredom, and even sat down with a good bone to chew on until Lola snatched it away.
    We're not out of the woods, but I'm daring to hope just a little that maybe this problem will go away. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers. Its such a great feeling to see him finally feeling a bit better.

• I'm glad to hear he is doing better.

• Thanks for sharing the good news. Keep us informed we're all pulling for you.

• Glad to hear it…still sending good vibes and thoughts your way. Keep us updated...

Suggested Topics