Skip to content

Basenji nose color

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Color

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    KembeK
    @becki713 Cool looking basenj! Love the coloring and markings! Definitely a unique looking pup.
  • Is she a Basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    2 Votes
    16 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    @melduff I for one think this is FANTASTIC news! You guys are so lucky! You have a one of kind super dog with the papers to prove it. Walks around the neighborhood and trips to the dog park are going to be very much fun... Friendly neighbor: Oh, she's so cute! What kind of dog is she? You: Thanks you so much. Why, she's a Staffy Chow Lab Rott Russell Husky. (Ya haff ta memorize that) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :thumbs_up: Thanks a bunch for letting us know. Very much enjoyed your thread.
  • Is My Basenji puppy color rare?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    ZandeZ
    Blue happens when there is an absence of red pigment. Some breeders try for them - Nocturnals for one. I think there was a move towards 'mahogany' too, a couple of years back.
  • Is this a Basenji?

    Moved Basenji Talk
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    8k Views
    D
    @weedtrek Possibly Basenji mix, nose looks a bit wider and the eyes are less oval. Could well be a Basenji mix though.
  • Basenji coloring question..

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    First I would suggest that if you don't trust the breeder to explain it to you, you need to perhaps work on a bit better relationship there. Or find a breeder who has the time, knowledge and interest in doing so. The breeder should always be your first line of information. :) Second I would suggest that while I myself prefer the red and whites, it isn't how I could choose a dog for a pet. If the dark remaining is a deal breaker, perhaps someone here can suggest a breeder with pups that would fit. Third, gets pictures. We love pictures. Fourth, BAD BARKLESS! Do you know how hard it is to get coffee off the keyboard and monitor? ROFLMAO.
  • Is this a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    26k Views
    DukeD
    @phoenix3: Looks like a B to me but i think more of a B mix he looks like he has corse hair Maybe be has the size of a cattledog body and a basenji head :) My Aspen is a cattledog/ terrier mix he has the body of a cattledog {the colors} and the height and face of a terrier heres a pic so u can see the colors of the cattledog well one color anyways :D :D phoenix3 - this is Aspen? I'm so amazed at her spots, because my Daisy has spots like Aspens. We know her mother is pure R/W Basenji and she is thought her other half Beagle. One of her other litter mate moms thought Blue Healer (cattledog). But I subscribed to the Beagle. Daisy could be … Cattle Dog I suppose. She's bigger than Duke now at almost 9 months old. I will show her off soon on "Show Off" forum soon.