Litter planned for Fall 09 (I hope)

• I was lucky, none of my bitches were ever sick….

• Sugar never threw up as much as Misi, but she did about once a day for awhile.

• Congrats…I hope you get an all b/w litter (that is if that's what you want). That would be really cool, but I'm partial. 🙂

• B/w's are harder to place than reds-especially up here. But a b/w litter it will be as I bred b/w to b/w. I'm also partial to b/w.

Damisi's eye exam came back as minor iris to iris ppm in right eye. But this is also from an opthamologist that doesn't typically see many Basenji's. But it's still okay.

• Houston

Glad to hear that Damisi's eye exam went well. Minor ppm is common, no? I think B/W pups are so pretty.

• @nomrbddgs:

B/w's are harder to place than reds-especially up here. But a b/w litter it will be as I bred b/w to b/w. I'm also partial to b/w.

Damisi's eye exam came back as minor iris to iris ppm in right eye. But this is also from an opthamologist that doesn't typically see many Basenji's. But it's still okay.

Pretty typical for the breed, minor PPM

• @nomrbddgs:

B/w's are harder to place than reds-especially up here. But a b/w litter it will be as I bred b/w to b/w. I'm also partial to b/w.

Isn't it dependent on the color genetics of the sire and dam? Perhaps you could get r/w too? This is a litter from a b/w to b/w breeding which has both b/w and r/w puppies

http://www.ankhubasenjis.com/Puppies.html

• And I also know someone that bred b/w to b/w and had 7 pups… one was red... he was nicknamed "from the woodshed"....

• I believe Sharla on these forums bred B/W to B/W and got more R/W than B/W pups. It is a 3 in 4 chance that a puppy in a B/W to B/W will be B/W and only a 1 in 4 chance that it will be R/W.

As for placing B/W, what I find is that most people come to my house expressing an interest in only R/W but leave feeling B/W isn't so bad and most fall in love with Rally. She is a great ambassador for B/W. She is a happy yodeler, very affectionate, loves attention, and knows she is the most beautiful basenji (this is the trait that makes her such a good show dog).

• @tanza:

And I also know someone that bred b/w to b/w and had 7 pups… one was red... he was nicknamed "from the woodshed"....

Ha ha ha…too funny!!:D:D

• I wish I had a r/w-ALTHOUGH it is a possibility. Misi's Dam was r/w and Wylie's Dam was r/w. Chances are just remote. Here is a few pics of her belly today at day 45. I still have about 2 1/2 weeks to go. She is only about 15 1/2 inches high. And she was about 18 lbs.
    attachment_p_94117_0_smallsdc11674.jpg
    attachment_p_94117_1_smallsdc11675.jpg

• Houston

Look at her, so round and pretty..Round is good, means there is something cooking in there..

• Something's cooking all right! Just hope they don't come out all burnt! lol

• X-rays have been done. There are four definite, but I think one or two might be hiding. The way the puppies are placed, there seem to be quite a few open spots, but the two puppies are scrunched right together. Just a few more weeks and I'll know for sure!

• Damisi looks beautiful and her coat is so glossy

• Isn't Damisi due next week? Rio is due in 3 1/2 weeks and she was bred about 2 1/2 weeks after Damisi.

• 1st due date for Damisi is Dec 2. So, a week and 2 days? Last due date is Dec 8.

• Houston

I am glad to hear that all sounds good..can't wait for the baby news..and pictures too.

• Just remember the 63 day estimate is from day ovulation so it can be earlier than 63 days if the first breeding happened after ovulation. Someone here in California just had a litter that they weren't expecting until maybe Wednesday by the breeding dates and the girl delivered Monday.

• I hope she waits until at least Sunday or Monday to deliver if she's going to be early-gives them a better chance.

And the Bizarre keeps being Bizarre here at Dogo Habari. Remember earlier in the posting the Odd temperature. Well, it's still odd. Yesterday was 97.8 and today is 97.7. I guess she has a low base rate, maybe that is why she is so active all the time, to try to keep her temp up. I'm going to run another thyroid panel on her after she delivers. Maybe I'll run the more specialized test that I ran on Zina. Her values were all midrange, but you never know. I can see and feel the puppies moving now and am playing the waiting game. Now, she doesn't look big at all-definitely not for four puppies!

Suggested Topics